Hey all,

I've had my Dark Terror for a while now and I'm really *really* pleased with it so far.
One thing I've noticed though that is really really weird in my opinion, and I wonder if this is common?

The FX loop on the Dark Terror is placed after the Master Volume, so if I crank the amp, the FX loop gets louder as well.
Why would they ever make it like that?
When I have it fully cranked (tried for the first time today), it is clipping my EQ-pedal...which is rather annoying!

At the volumes I usually play it in my apartment (around 1 or just below) I obviously have no issues, but since I just recently got a dummy load (koch amps load box), that enables me to record DI, I figured I could just crank it...but nope!
Luckily I find that it sounds best for me at around 12 o'clock, so I won't be bothered by it.

tldr
Is it normal for the FX Loop to be affected by the Master Volume on an amp? Why would they ever do that?
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
It's uncommon, but it's done here and there. On one of the amps I own, the channel volume also acts as the send level to the FX loop for each channel. Shits me something chronic, but it works well with a bit more effort on the part of the user. Luckily for me it's not tied to the master volume, so even with channel volumes below 9 o'clock I can still murder everyone around me with it.

Out of curiosity though, what EQ pedal are you using?
Haha well there you go I guess...it really boggles me why they do such things.

Anyway I've got an MXR 10-band EQ.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass