I wasn't quite sure where this particular inquiry would fit in the UG forums, but I figured it would best be represented in this one. If there is another I should have posted in, I apologize.

Storytime:

I am 23, and auditioned for my first band. I made callbacks, and finally was selected after a couple of months of jam sessions with the group. They are a melodic metal band based out of Washington D.C., which will be my first official band ever. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my playing, so I was never interested in joining a band unless I was confident that I could fluidly play anything I wanted, which took a few years. Now it seems my inexperience could bite me in the ass.

Problem:

I have never done a gig before, with the exception of a couple of talent shows in high school. I have decent gear (Mesa Single Rec, Mesa Rect 4x12 and 2x12 cabs, line6 podx3 live which I may replace with actual pedals), but I have no idea what goes into the process of setting up, tearing down, or any special tips people learn to make setting up, and playing gigs for efficient. I guess I am pretty nervous, and hoped some experienced UGers could give me advice so I don't make an ass of myself.

Like I said, I hope this forum would be an appropriate place for this. I'll delete this if there's a better location to find this information.
It's quite simple really... You bring your amp, plug in and play =)
Now, since you have both a 2x12 and a 4x12, I'd just bring the 2x12 if you're limited with the transports, it'll be much easier to move around, and lighter to work with when you'll have to set up the stage.
Besides that, I don't really know... What you want is to always be able to set up and remove everything as fast as possible.
Then, the usual... Bring a thousand picks, a backup guitar, lots of cables because you WILL lose some, and there will always be a band to leave with your cables (on purpose or not), strings...
you mean you dont know how to set up your gear? why not get there early so you have lots of time, or ask your band for help...
---
Quote by Darkflame
It's quite simple really... You bring your amp, plug in and play =)
Now, since you have both a 2x12 and a 4x12, I'd just bring the 2x12 if you're limited with the transports, it'll be much easier to move around, and lighter to work with when you'll have to set up the stage.
Besides that, I don't really know... What you want is to always be able to set up and remove everything as fast as possible.
Then, the usual... Bring a thousand picks, a backup guitar, lots of cables because you WILL lose some, and there will always be a band to leave with your cables (on purpose or not), strings...

Thanks. That is some good info. And to the comment above, I am well aware HOW to set up my gear. I guess I didn't specify well enough. What I wanted to know is if there are any tricks to make the logistics of setting up more efficient. For example I honestly never thought to bring all the extra stuff that Darkflame was talking about, so that is good that he let me know.
When i was gigging i'd always bring a backup then never break a string... but you never can be too safe.
So, once I am set up and plugged in. Does the house do the rest in regards to setting up sound?
Sorry I am so ignorant about this stuff, I probably know the answers to most of these questions myself, but I need to make sure so I am ready when the times comes.