Is it possible to train my voice to not die off when singing. i want to shoot for like a Rome Ramirez sound i guess because i cant think of any non-hard rock or metal singers who have low voices.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Johnny Cash and Elvis would be a good place to start for acoustic + low voice.

Actually, as much reviled as it is by many here, for low voices with acoustic guitars, country has a lot of good bets.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Tom Morello's got a pretty low voice when it comes to his Nightwatchman stuff, check that out
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
Leonard Cohen's voice lurks around (and frequently dips below) the lowest notes on a guitar, and the majority of his output is either acoustic or easily replicable with just acoustic guitar & voice, so I'd recommend listening to him for some inspiration on how to make the low voice/acc gtr combination work.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Zeletros
Start a new genre, opera metal.

That's not a new genre.. anyone lacking the proper name for the genres I listen to would call it that. (example)

--------------------
Anyway your voice will always "die off" as you reach the ends of your range, but with long-term practice you can extend your range just a bit. Range is something you need to accept, but at the same time not "trap" yourself in.

Also personally I get tired of hearing the argument of "I can't sing this style with my voice type because there are currently no famous singers with this voice type in this style."

For one, it just isn't true.. I am a soprano singing metal music. Ok, I'm not famous, but actually there are lots of famous sopranos (albeit most are mezzo) singing in metal music (in classical/opera style, which I enjoy). I've heard some fairly low male metal vocalists as well. (though I think you're specifically referring to acoustic stuff)

Why be like everyone else? Things that stand out are things that are different! When everything sounds the same it gets lost. So embrace that you are a bit different for what you want to do! It could very well make the difference of being recognized and not.

/2 cents (well more like 25 from the long post, but shh).
Last edited by Anexa at Sep 27, 2011,