I saw 3 ADs that need a drummer, but I can play only in 1, because of time.

But is it morally okay, to try out with all 3 bands and then choose? If I initially tell them of this?
In a moral dilemma I always refer to the bible, the New Testament offers many answers to life's difficult questions
One Small Step For Mankind, One Giant Leap For The Cheese Industry
Quote by spyder52
In a moral dilemma I always refer to the bible, the New Testament offers many answers to life's difficult questions

I give you 7/10 for your trolling post.
If you think you can give them all a fair amount of attention, then why not? It's not like marriage...
Why would you try out all of them unless you're going to play in all of them? It just makes no sense. Audition for the band you like the most, obviously. Or by trying out do you mean jamming with them to see whether they're any good? Either way, I don't see anything wrong in it.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by Flibo
Why would you try out all of them unless you're going to play in all of them? It just makes no sense. Audition for the band you like the most, obviously. Or by trying out do you mean jamming with them to see whether they're any good? Either way, I don't see anything wrong in it.

Because how would I know I would like playing in one certain band until I try?

It's not all about the music we play.
Yes you can do this
Last edited by megaduu at Sep 26, 2011,
Jam a bit with all of them, see if any of them want you, and then pick the one you like best...just don't talk about the other bands.
Why wouldn't it be ok? You have to go with what's best for you. Sure it may suck for them, but you gotta look at it this way. 9 times out of 10, one if not both of those bands that you reject are most likely going to badmouth you. Has happened many times before when my old band was auditioning members, but in the case that we chose a person and the others badmouthed us. Bottom line is, go with what band feels right, and if any one of them has a problem with it, they don't deserve you playing in their band.
The bands may not want you as there drummer anyway. Audition for all 3 make the best impression you can and if they all do want you make the choice.
Quote by scguitarking927
assuming you can get it into any of these bands...I thought guitarist were bad

I'm a pretty not bad drummer
Of course it's OK. When your'e looking for a new day job, you apply for all the vacancies which may suit you. You get interviewed, they decide if they like you, you decide if you like them, then if you get offered one or more jobs you decide if you want to accept or not.

This is exactly the same. You're applying for a vacancy, the audition acts as the interview, then both sides figure out how they feel about the other side.

Go for all three, see which you like best. You may get offered all three, you may not get offered any. It's only if you get offered more than one that you have any kind of decision to make anyway.

Also, I know several people who play in multiple bands - especially drummers as they tend to be in shorter supply than guitarists, so depending how you and they feel about it you may end up joining more than one of them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Of course it's OK. When your'e looking for a new day job, you apply for all the vacancies which may suit you. You get interviewed, they decide if they like you, you decide if you like them, then if you get offered one or more jobs you decide if you want to accept or not.

This is exactly the same. You're applying for a vacancy, the audition acts as the interview, then both sides figure out how they feel about the other side.

Go for all three, see which you like best. You may get offered all three, you may not get offered any. It's only if you get offered more than one that you have any kind of decision to make anyway.

Also, I know several people who play in multiple bands - especially drummers as they tend to be in shorter supply than guitarists, so depending how you and they feel about it you may end up joining more than one of them.

I can play only in 1, I'm joining a 2ond band on guitar, which is my main instrument.
Fair enough - then try out for all three & see how it goes, just accept the one you like best
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud