Hey all.

So my teacher is not for me.
So I wanted to say goodbye and get another teacher.
As I'm a dude who just plays guitar and uses a computer I don't really know how to bring it to him.
I see an oppurtunity of saying it easier now.
He has stopped teaching because he hasn't got time and stuff, he only teaches me and some others.
Please help.
You can
a) Tell him what you just told us
b) ignore him
c) lie and tell him you're going to take a brake from guitar for a while as stuffs come up... seriuos stuff

EDIT - Speaking as a guy who went through ~5 guitar teachers in 4 months I can assure you that it's not worth sticking with someone who you feel is not doing an adequate job. I couldn't be happier with my current teacher and wouldn't of saught him out if I wasn't ok with dropping the other teachers. I was "cheating" on all my teachers and was seeing 3 at a time at its peak.
Last edited by cbara at Sep 26, 2011,
take a brake from guitar? didnt anyone tell you its not safe to drive indoors?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
i told mine i wanted to learn a different type of music and i believed that he had me everything i wanted to know. Although he had told me on several occasions that i was nearing the point where he was no longer able to teach me what i wanted to know, just be honest
Quote by silent caution
take a brake from guitar? didnt anyone tell you its not safe to drive indoors?

Uhhhh... Yar! I got nothing… But English is my third language so give me a break (or brake – my car needs new ones).
Quote by cbara
Uhhhh... Yar! I got nothing… But English is my third language so give me a break (or brake – my car needs new ones).

Jesus, you go through languages like you go through guitar teachers.

Hugs and kisses? I dunno, break ups are always difficult man
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Tell him you'd rather assert horrendous misconceptions of music theory on the Internet and defy those who use logical reasoning to point out the errors in your thinking.
Quote by cbara

"I want to be self taught, I find music theory useless and I can learn all guitar techniques on youtube, u mad bro?"
Quote by Xiaoxi
Tell him you'd rather assert horrendous misconceptions of music theory on the Internet and defy those who use logical reasoning to point out the errors in your thinking.

Not anymore
Suicide.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
"Have a nice life."
That's what I told my government teacher on the last day of class...it wasn't until later that I realized it sounded sort of douchey >.>
Quote by Colgate Total
I have my girlfriend's Facebook password. Which means she clicked "Remember Password" when she logged in on my laptop. Which means this is a test. That bitch.
Throw a bottle of Jack Daniels while muttering in a shouting voice about how you dont like his dog and his lessons perform worse then his wife in bed, and follow up with a "shit you aint my mom" and walk out the door. Game Over you win!
Quote by Ignite
that isn't OP

Fail.
OP, just tell him you're taking a break. That's how I got rid of my horrible teacher.
tell him the truth. in the end it might be harder but if he is smart maybe he will ask a little about why he is not right for you and it will help him be a better teacher in the future for other students. Probably not because nobody every listens to anyone ever or learns from experiences but it sounds good to say it.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.