I'm getting an Agile Interceptor Pro 7 string soon. Should I get some Seymour Duncans Blackouts or some nice EMG 707's? I have EMGs in my ESP right now and I love how heavy and thick they are compared to my Ibanez's passives. So I'm an actives guy because of my ESP. But I want my Agile to sound heavy and thick to, so I'm leaning to EMGs but have never played with Blackouts. Feedback appreciated. Thanks. http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro725ebtribalgreen.html
just keep the emg's in it. it's not worth changing them out before you even get the guitar and have the ability to experience how it plays and sounds. if after a while u decide you want something different then maybe you could consider dropping in a different pup.
707's will sound fine. Blackouts have an irritating low mid-range. Why did you not get the 27" neck?
blackouts kick emgs ass.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
i prefer EMG's better. they just sound so rich with distortion and can really get you some sweet metal tones. also their per-amp keeps the levels of all the strings pretty balanced so you dont have strings overwhelming others with noise
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I have to either wait until April to get the 27" scale, or I can just get the 25.5" as soon as I have the money for it. I don't want to pay over 1000 dollars for a 27"" and wait till April for a custom one. I'd rather buy the smaller one off the site and get it in a week. But thanks for the input guys.
Quote by EspTro
i prefer EMG's better. they just sound so rich with distortion and can really get you some sweet metal tones. also their per-amp keeps the levels of all the strings pretty balanced so you dont have strings overwhelming others with noise

imo my blackouts sound better than any emgs i have heard, i have to say the difference is minimal at the most, imo. id be happy with emgs but im slightly happier with the blackouts. Plus i focus on deathcore and the heavier spectrum of metal and i think they preform better for this, once minmalisticly though
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by OurRequiem
imo my blackouts sound better than any emgs i have heard, i have to say the difference is minimal at the most, imo. id be happy with emgs but im slightly happier with the blackouts. Plus i focus on deathcore and the heavier spectrum of metal and i think they preform better for this, once minmalisticly though

both definatley a good choice none the less. at this point if its between emg's and blackouts its gonna be a preference thing
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I prefer Blackouts honestly. Looking to get a set for my Damien 6 when i have the spare cash