Recently signed with Candlelight, their debut album Where Distant Spirits Remain was recently released. It's an odd mix of sort of post/folk/black metal, without really being any of them. Some people might find the vocals a little too wishy washy, but I guess if your into you sort of emotive cleans then there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Interesting fact, it seems Andy Marshall is actually Tuagh of now defunct cult Scottish folk/black metal band Askival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlsCuLRada0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXmjwB2-SWE

They don't seem to have a metal archives page, but I don't know if thats due to the album only technically coming out today, and MA not accepting bands with no released discography or if it's just because they don't consider them metal enough.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Sep 26, 2011,
listening now.

sounds like Fen crossed with Wolves...

Progedit - nevermind this is more terrible than I thought. Vocalist sounds neutered.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Last edited by progbass at Sep 26, 2011,
I want to like this band. I listened to them a couple times though, and they bored me to death. Also, I really dont like the vocals, I can see them wanting to do something unique or whatever but there is no "punch" to the music.

Askival is cool though.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Listening further through the album, the first track I posted was the first track on the album, and possibly the worst so far, so I replaced it with a much better one.

Quote by progbass
Vocalist sounds neutered.

A little nasal, and even maybe a little 'emo-esque' perhaps, but I wouldn't say he sounds like he's had the chop so to speak.
Tbh I didn't expect you'd be a fan, infact I'm surprised you took the time to listen to it at all what with it not being Prog rock/Anus approved black/death metal
I have to have context before I slander something

Progedit - listening again, I just can't call this metal. Its more like faster indie faux metal.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Last edited by progbass at Sep 26, 2011,
The band them selves have said in interviews that they don't think they are particularly metal, and would worry about fitting in on an all metal line up for a gig.

But I figured this would be the forum they would get most appreciation on, much in the same way the likes of Les Discrets, Alcest and Anathema do.