just got an Ibanez RG350dx off gumtree quite cheap because i wanted a guitar with floyd rose style bridge. never had or even played one before. only problem im having is that i cant pull up on the bar very much before it stops. i have balanced the bridge correctly i am sure so i dont know what the problem is.

any ideas?
as i said i have set up the tremolo correctly so this link is of no use to me. it is as if there is something blocking the tremolo when pulling the bar up
The answer is in the question. "Edge III problem" or more likely:
"Edge III [is nothing but a] Problem".
But seriously, some guitars/tremolos have a small range, how much are you able to pull up?

it is as if there is something blocking the tremolo when pulling the bar up

well, unscrew the back plate and check. Maybe there is.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
that's about what mine does i think that's just the way they are man
It's not the block hitting the back of the trem route in the back? Take the back plate off and check like someone mentioned before.

Clearly something is impeding the movement, but you're going to have to do a little detective work because we can't be there to look for you. I don't remember how the knife edge is set up on these, does it just run out of range on the fulcrum early?
Quote by markjenkins1992
Nothing visible blocking the tremolo and I am getting about a one and a half note bend

that's usually how much pulling up will let you go, if you're trying to do a pull up noise, then the trick is to lower the bar way down first, hit the note then bring it back up to the neutral point
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
that's usually how much pulling up will let you go, if you're trying to do a pull up noise, then the trick is to lower the bar way down first, hit the note then bring it back up to the neutral point

+1
Or bend the note with your fretting hand in combination with pulling up if you want anything more
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}