my first show is coming up in about a month so i need to prepare. will my ac4 be sufficient for the show? the venue has a pa system and whatnot. Or will i need to go bigger and get an ac15 or something equivalent? thanks
ac4 will be fine. mic the ac4 though. try a condenser 45 degree angle right next to the center of the speaker. should be a very even response.
Quote by supersac
well if it has a pa system you can just mic up your vox but if your going to be giggin regularly i suggets you invest in a bigger amp

if he's using a p/a to mic, there is no reason to ever go bigger really, despite what people say.

its not a NEED persay. yes, the more wattage the more typically that you will get clean headroom, but apart from differently voiced amps, there's not much importance. the only reason why i have a 60 watt 212 amp is because i got it for an amazing price, and we don't use a p/a whenever we go on trips.
Okay so i guess ill stick with the 4 watt for now, i just dont want it too distorted at a high volume, so if i keep it as clean as possible and mic it it will sound ok?
Quote by ilovemyJAG
Okay so i guess ill stick with the 4 watt for now, i just dont want it too distorted at a high volume, so if i keep it as clean as possible and mic it it will sound ok?

defintely.
your welcome. remember that you will have to mess around with the mic placement for a few minutes. but set up the amp like you normally would for a loud clean setting, and then start working the mic. think of the mic ilke a tone control after the amp, and before the p/a, it helps to associate it like that.

and also try a few different mics too. condensers and such respond differently from cardoid mics and that whatnot.
Quote by 00_hns_00
your welcome. remember that you will have to mess around with the mic placement for a few minutes. but set up the amp like you normally would for a loud clean setting, and then start working the mic. think of the mic ilke a tone control after the amp, and before the p/a, it helps to associate it like that.

and also try a few different mics too. condensers and such respond differently from cardoid mics and that whatnot.

well since i mostly just play in my room i dont have any mics, is it uncommon for the venue to supply them as well? honestly i was under the assumption i would just show up with my guitar and amp and the sound guys would take care of it.
Quote by ilovemyJAG
well since i mostly just play in my room i dont have any mics, is it uncommon for the venue to supply them as well? honestly i was under the assumption i would just show up with my guitar and amp and the sound guys would take care of it.

Check with the venue first, most do have a variety but some don't. Just to let you know, if by any chance your venue is a small bar etc. the AC4 can handle it. Might get a crunch but it can handle it easily. Of course if its anything bigger you'll want to mic or get a bigger amp.

But call/email/text (whatever floats your boat) and check. And, as mentioned above, play around with the mic placement. Having one speaker, it shouldn't be that hard finding a good spot.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Check with the venue first, most do have a variety but some don't. Just to let you know, if by any chance your venue is a small bar etc. the AC4 can handle it. Might get a crunch but it can handle it easily. Of course if its anything bigger you'll want to mic or get a bigger amp.

But call/email/text (whatever floats your boat) and check. And, as mentioned above, play around with the mic placement. Having one speaker, it shouldn't be that hard finding a good spot.

Ok sounds good. Its a bar/club with about 500 people btw. thank you!
Quote by ilovemyJAG
Ok sounds good. Its a bar/club with about 500 people btw. thank you!

It's probably not going to make it unless you're playing something distorted and even then the sound wont spread. Mic it. If they don't have one then go buy a used SM-57 or whatever is cheap and versatile.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
It's probably not going to make it unless you're playing something distorted and even then the sound wont spread. Mic it. If they don't have one then go buy a used SM-57 or whatever is cheap and versatile.

Ok well i have confirmation that they have a very good pa system and great sound guys to mic it up for me. So thank you for your help !