I need some advice for playing guitar while standing. I'm fine sitting down in classical position left leg raised but, when I stand the only comfortable position for me is having the guitar very high up around mid torso. I can play with it hung around a bit above the waist but it's very hard for me to palm mute. I want to wear it lower but it just doesn't seem to work out for palm muting. Any advice?
Correct forum is a good beginning.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Whatever you do, don't practice. I heard that practice is a waste of time, just do anything but stand up and play the guitar for hours until you get the hang of it.
Practice is for people who're too busy not getting famous.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Play where its comfortable. Eventually it will start to feel pretty natural.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Don't wear it lower. Wear it at the height where playing is comfortable. And practice standing up.

This.

I had the same problem when I first started to play standing up.
I'll leave it where it is, it looks very odd so I thought maybe there's a trick to playing it lower and palm muting hah. Haven't seen someone wear it this high besides Steve Howie from Yes. I'll start standing up and practicing a lot more, thank you everyone.
Make your strap as long as you possibly can and get used to playing like that. All the kids are doing it.

OT: Play where it's comfortable. It may look kinda silly, but whatever.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
People who where there guitar ultra low always play sloppy anyway.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by shikkaka
People who where there guitar ultra low always play sloppy anyway.

This. Wearing it high will be the best for your playing. Honestly. Plus you can still make cool moves.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by Hebriqui
This. Wearing it high will be the best for your playing. Honestly. Plus you can still make cool moves.

Tom Morrello.

I think his jaw is lower than his guitar
play it where it's comfortable, don't bother about what it looks like.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Have it wherever the hell you want, then maybe once a week make your strap around an inch longer. Don't have it down below your waist, I'm pretty sure that leads to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Quote by Defnist47
I'll leave it where it is, it looks very odd so I thought maybe there's a trick to playing it lower and palm muting hah. Haven't seen someone wear it this high besides Steve Howie from Yes. I'll start standing up and practicing a lot more, thank you everyone.

Tom Morello brah. FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD TOM MORELLO.

Don't try to be like Slash, he wears it low because he can play shit and get away w/ it
Quote by Basti95
Tom Morello brah. FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD TOM MORELLO.

Don't try to be like Slash, he wears it low because he can play shit and get away w/ it

Playing shit doesn't get you to be one of the most iconic rock guitarists ever...

His playing/ writing is no way near as good as it used to be, but he is by no means "shit".
I was the same way when I started playing standing up. I always saw my favorite player have their guitars hung pretty low and I wanted to play like that. My issue wasn't with palm muting though, it was being able to play certain runs that had notes spread apart. The only thing I can really suggest is that you play it at the desired height until you get used to it. You'll eventually find a way to make it work. If not, don't hesitate to raise the instrument a bit.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
You must wear it lower. So you look awesome and badass like those guys in all modern hip bands. Also, don't practice. That will kill the spontaneous side of your playing and you will start playing without emotion. Like all shredders. They've practiced for years. And they have no emotion.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Simon Neil plays it high and he rocks it to death, same with The Fall of Troy's singer and he's a fockin' machine!
Practice standing up and playing with it high up, then eventually try practicing with it lower

When I practiced, I never sat down. I practiced standing up because that's how I would be when I would perform it, and now I can play good with my guitar so low that I would basically be bending over. Not like that's a good idea...
I raise you..

Oli Herbert

Tom Morello

Thomas Erak

Rusty Cooley

JB Brubaker
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

The answer is wheelchair. Sympathy PLUS comfort. Just make sure the chair can shoot flames and do wheelies on its own.
Then play it higher up? Who gives a hoot how high it is? So long as you blow 'em away with your playing 'tis all good.

Or just practice for hours with it lower? Your choice man, personally i'd play it where it's comfortable though.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone