these aren't travel guitars, and they also don't sound anything like each other nor are they particularly small. what features do you look for in your travel guitar?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
these aren't travel guitars, and they also don't sound anything like each other nor are they particularly small. what features do you look for in your travel guitar?

Well something like that. Just a cheap, but decent dreadnought guitar. Nothing over 4-500 dollars.
the epiphone el00 is more of a 000, and i liked it. you might also check out a yamaha fg700s http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_fg_700s_nt_gloss.htm
or if that's a little too high, this one
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_fg_700s_nt_matt.htm

there are samples so you can compare.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
yes, the yamahas are good - they rule that price range, especially the solid tops. the seagulls i like are higher priced, but if you can handle an original s6, they're also very nice. i owned an fg730s and a seagull s6, and while i liked the s6 better, it was close - and the yamaha was $100 less.
Quote by Skeet UK
I have had a Cort in the boot of my car for over 4 years now (solid top & rear laminate sides) it is around the $400 it is always in or close to tune whenever I pull it out. It has saved my sanity on numerous occasions when away from home & need to play.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by Dix_Fix
I have had a Cort in the boot of my car for over 4 years now (solid top & rear laminate sides) it is around the $400 it is always in or close to tune whenever I pull it out. It has saved my sanity on numerous occasions when away from home & need to play.

What cort?

Oh it sounds quite resonable for the $'s
I actually have it in a hardcase & have velcro on the outside of the lid this keeps it in one place in the boot. (couldnt put the velcro on the bottom as the case has small button legs)
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at Sep 28, 2011,
Yeah no problem but it is 10.25pm here so I'll take one in the morning as these other pics were from my photobucket, taken probably a year or so ago.

edit: The reason is it is raining & the guitar lives in the boot of the car.. lol
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by Dix_Fix
Yeah no problem but it is 10.25pm here so I'll take one in the morning as these other pics were from my photobucket, taken probably a year or so ago.

edit: The reason is it is raining & the guitar lives in the boot of the car.. lol

Fair point.
There you go! Also the headstock & the end of the fretboadr showing the BOUND edges
Solid top & rear the sides are laminate.

Oh the bridge pins on this guitar are straight not tapered (Cort's idea) dont know why you would try to change something that has been working for 100's of years. I have changed the strings many times so the pins work OK just they are straight not tapered.

See told you it was raining look at the headstock pic you can see the rain droplets on it , as I took the pic with the guitar hanging out the boot of the car.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!