Hi guys,

Ok, I am about to buy a guitar, I have decided to buy either ESP MII:

http://www.samash.com/p/ESP_MII%20Neck%20Thru%20Model%20Electric%20Guitar%20with%20Hardshell%20Case_-49982018

or Jackson SL1:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2803070

Jackson has Ebony fingerboard, ESP MII has Rosewood. Don't know which one is better. I love the reverse head on ESP, but which guitar is the better quality, I don't know. Need your opinions.
Play them both and find out.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I'd go with the Jackson. It's way more versatile and has an original Floyd Rose.
pretty sure Ebony > Rosewood...but they're both great quality, the ESP's price seems to have been knocked down a big deal but the Jackson has other features in its favour.
Go with your heart is what i'd say
Ebony is not > Rosewood, they're preferences. I'd go with the Jackson. I can't believe a $1800 dollar guitar comes with a licensed floyd. Unless it's a Schaller, but I think it would say on the site.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
G3t A Harley Benton Coz Dey Iz So G00dz
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I have no idea why samash says the guitar has a licensed floyd. My MII has an original floyd and the esp website has all the m series guitars with original floyds. I love my MII, best guitar I have ever owned, including the p.o.s. Jackson I just got rid of.
Quote by robomatt
Played ESP MII in store, but there wasn't any SL1

Did you like it? It's a quality guitar, if you are thinking the Jackson may be of a better quality, that won't be the case. It really comes down to preference with those guitars.
I think both are ugly. Buy a tele.
/opinions, /preferences.

Go to a shop, tell the feckers to order one in so you can play to compare. Or drive to another shop.

Or just read as many reviews as you can, and watch as many youtubes as you can until you can make your own decision.
call me ziggy.
Quote by earthisearthis
I think both are ugly. Buy a tele.
/opinions, /preferences.

Go to a shop, tell the feckers to order one in so you can play to compare. Or drive to another shop.

Or just read as many reviews as you can, and watch as many youtubes as you can until you can make your own decision.

While the tele remark was useless, I think the rest of this is good advice.
Both are good, but ESP's quality control tends to be better IMO. I've seen some USA Jacksons with some serious problems.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
I've seen some USA Jacksons with some serious problems.

Can you give a few examples?
Quote by W4RP1G

Misaligned truss rods, locking nuts with the screws drilled in at an angle, shitty wiring jobs. I mean, I've seen ESP's with some rather unacceptable flaws, just not as many as I tend to find in Jacksons.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Import the M-ii from japan, it's cheaper and has better inlays <3

Go search up ESP M-ii CTM on google images or sumthins
???
At that price point, I don't think one is really going to be "better" than another - they're both fantastically built guitars.

But they are different beasts. H-H actives vs H-S-S passives. That is an extremely different setup, and the fact that you're comparing these two guitars leads me to believe that you don't really know exactly what you want.

I suggest you do more research and find out what you really want in a guitar before making such a large purchase.

EDIT: Also, I would find a different site to buy the M-II from, if you do go with that guitar. Any ESP definitely will NOT have a licensed FR of any kind. Probably just a simple mistake on the site, but I'd still order from elsewhere due to the sheer price of the guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G

ive heard about bad shielding on USA jacksons but thats it. Id just pick the Jackson SL2H, its the compromise between the 2
i like jackson but the MII grabs me more then the jackson. ESP's come with a legit Floyd not a floyd special. ( like stated b4) it depends on what u wanna do( what u play) and what you like.
every brand has its " flaws" but its the risk you take.
I have a Jackson SL2H and 3 ESP standard series, and I must say that the Jackson is slightly higher quality. But only slightly.

Of greater importance is the difference in neck shape. It's a HUGE difference. Play both, pick one.

*EDIT* oh, I'm too late, well anyway: Congrats on the new guitar! It's a killer instrument.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl