This is something I've been wondering about for a while. I currently use a One Spot Power Supply to power my pedalboard of 8 pedals.
Jen Cry Baby
Boss Tu2
Aria Distortion D10
Ehx LPB1
Mxr Phase 90
Ibanez Fl9
Boss Ch1
Marshall Vibratrem
Sometimes, I notice a 'power drop'. I know that in theory the One Spot can power up to 20 pedals, and I've checked the mA chart and none of the pedals on my board exceed, or come anywhere near the maximum.
I've stopped using my Boss Ns 2 for the time being as I don't have any excessive noise and as I said before the power sometimes seems like it's dropping so I've cut down on my pedals in case it was struggling to power more than 8.....
Anyway, the point is, I've been thinking about a 'Pedal Power 2' supply or similar. I only use 9v pedals and as most of this type of power supply has about 5-7 9v power sockets, I'm wondering if it's possible to 'daisychain' ie power more than one pedal from each 9v socket? Or is there a similar power supply that will power all 8 or more pedals without power dropping and/or noise?
Sorry for the long winded question.
Thanks.
there are a couple of cheaper isolated options- which i haven't tried and which might suck, but which might be worth considering before jumping up to the £150+ that's required for the PP2.

Music Store Cologne does a Fame-branded power supply which appears to be a clone of a pedal power 2 for ~50 euro or so.

Thomann has just released its own Harley Benton-branded clone of a t-rex fuel tank junior for 28 euro (only has 5 outputs, though, so you might need two unless you're prepared to do some daisy-chaining too).

As I said, I haven't tried them, and they may (or may not) have cheaped out on some parts compared to the more expensive things they were cloning, but...

might be worth a look, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Anything is worth checking out, thanks for your quick reply. Looking at 'pro' boards, there only seems to be one power supply present, like a PP2 even though there's more pedals than there are available sockets, unless of course there's more power supplies hidden underneath lol but I don't mind daisychaining if it works......
Last edited by Ichabod Crane at Sep 26, 2011,
yeah with something like a pp2 you can daisy chain the pedals that play nicely together. I haven't tried doing that myself, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the mxr403 is probably the best value for the money right now coming in at 200 usd.

if you are in europe check out ciok
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I'm in the uk. The mxr 403 is out of my budget, and I'm not sure how much the Cioks DC10 is, but it looks like it's not available in the uk. But thanks for those suggestions
Last edited by Ichabod Crane at Sep 26, 2011,
if you're in no rush i've ordered that thomann one so i can let you know what it's like. Bump this in about a week or 10 days...

EDIT: yeah if the mxr is the one i'm thinking of it's about £300! The prices on a lot of the US stuff here are ridiculous, frankly. When it's more in pounds than it is in dollars in the US... there's something wrong, if you ask me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What you could do (if you get the Harley Benton one) is run the 5 pedals you choose, then use the daisy chain on the TU-2's internal daisy chain thing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're in no rush i've ordered that thomann one so i can let you know what it's like. Bump this in about a week or 10 days...

EDIT: yeah if the mxr is the one i'm thinking of it's about £300! The prices on a lot of the US stuff here are ridiculous, frankly. When it's more in pounds than it is in dollars in the US... there's something wrong, if you ask me.

Cheers, for that Dave, I'll do that. As for the 'exchange rate' I agree, something is def wrong there!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Hi Dave, how are you getting on with your new power supply?
ahahahahahahahaha

thanks for the bump, saved me having to look for it (i was thinking about this thread for the last day or two).

Initial thoughts are that it's not working properly... I'm getting a ton of hum when I run pedals in the loop and in front of the amp off the same supply (which I think shouldn't happen if it's actually isolated, but i could be wrong) and not all my pedals are working properly.

I'm waiting to hear back from some of my pedal manufacturers, just to make sure i'm not exceeding the current draw (i don't think i am, but I guess i could be), and there are a few more things i might try, but I've already tried a bunch of things to not too much avail.

if you're in no rush you can wait to see how it pans out, but I wouldn't order one until i get this sorted (just in case that's just what they're like and it won't be sorted).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No worries, sorry to hear about the problems, isn't that just sod's law?
You may already know about the power list, but check this link as it's a list of all main pedal manufacturers and the pedals' max draw levels - hope it helps?

http://stinkfoot.se/power-list

I'm in no rush as I'm currently unemployed and don't have any spare cash at the moment I'll keep an eye out for your results
cheers

and yeah i've been keeping an eye on his site for years... great site Just I don't think some of my pedals are on there... most of them are probably clones of pedals which are on there, but I'd like to know for sure
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?