Hi

I'm in a metal band, the other guitarist in the band has a 5150 half stack and I have a wharfedale TCT100H

(http://www.amps.wharfedale.com/Products/product/tabid/83/PID/8/Default.aspx)

half stack. I also have a Vox Valvetronix 100w combo.

The wharfedale head cannot compare to the distortion of the 5150 and instead to get enough gain I had to plug the VOX into the 4x12 wharfedale cab which I'm not too happy about.

Mainly because the clean from the wharfedale out performs the clean from the 5150 (but we only have 1 song with clean) and also because it's quite difficult to transport a combo and a cab at the same time

I was wondering if there is a way to boost the gain from the wharfedale either changing the power amp tubes or some other way?

Thanx
How much gain does the wharfedale have?

If it's close but not quite enough gain a tubescreamer or overdrive should help you get there. If you aren't even close you may need a distortion pedal.
I have a BOSS DS-1 and all it seems to do is sound like fuzz, I could be using it wrong :P
Try using it on your distortion channel with the pedal set with the volume all the way up and the gain all the way down or very low.
Quote by torbonator
I have a BOSS DS-1 and all it seems to do is sound like fuzz, I could be using it wrong :P

No, it's generally just a very thin and fuzzy sounding pedal.
Digitech Hardwire pedal.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
No, it's generally just a very thin and fuzzy sounding pedal.

This, unless you do the keeley mod to it, but still, it's not a good pedal for metal, maybe hard rock, and some lighter types of metal that don't require lots of clearly defined gain, then yeah it works.

Hardwire TL-2, I like that suggestion.
Awesome guys, thanks for the input.... I'm going to try using The DS-1 like ChrisBW said, and also my friends digitech death metal, seeing how that goes I will look into the TL-2

Thanx XD