I was just considering ideas, and i found a nice nuno bettencourt "stephens cutaway" style neck on ebay. Do you guys think it would be possible to retrofit this neck and recreate the extended cutaway on my square heeled ltd m15?

IE:
From this:

To this:
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
possible: yes

practical: probably not.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
possible: yes

practical: probably not.

I figured it would be kinda cool, and something new? I just dont know how strong that body wood is on the ltd...with it being so cheap :x

I was originally going to ferrule the neck bolts...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
hmm it wouldn't matter about the body wood so much with the back plate being the shape it is.

but cool yeh i agree, it would be kinda cool.

it'd just involve taking a jigsaw, a router and some sandpaper to your LTD

that's even if the neck fits and the scale length would be the same.

by all means if you're serious about it go for it if it's what you want, but you gotta ask yourself, would the playability be THAT much better for how much it's gonna cost...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
instead of the rube goldberg you would have to do to the existing body, you might be better off making a new body so that scale length is not as much of a factor.
Quote by Dempsey68
hmm it wouldn't matter about the body wood so much with the back plate being the shape it is.

but cool yeh i agree, it would be kinda cool.

it'd just involve taking a jigsaw, a router and some sandpaper to your LTD

that's even if the neck fits and the scale length would be the same.

by all means if you're serious about it go for it if it's what you want, but you gotta ask yourself, would the playability be THAT much better for how much it's gonna cost...

Yeah...kinda cancelled it out of my brain already lol. I have 4 project guitars atm...so i think i'll finish all those before doing anything so extravagant. My star ATM is a handful...with a neck swap and installing a floyd, scale length should be fun. x]

Heres the neck i was talking about, if anyone needs one for an n4 or something ;]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150667133685?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220