I recently got a new schaller bridge for my charvel and the tech shop guy installed it for me, he kept the original nut in the guitar because the one which came with the bridge didn't fit the guitar. I want to put this brand new nut on my jackson dxmg, it seems to be the same size when i compare them (bare in mind i havent taken of the jackson one to compare). How do I go about making sure it will fit my jackson? I don't want to have to deal with lowering the shelve or sanding down anything.

Also a video would be nice showing me how to do it
I guess just take the old one off and see if the new one fits? if it doesn't swap back? probably the easiest way
---
Quote by Kerbache
I recently got a new schaller bridge for my charvel and the tech shop guy installed it for me, he kept the original nut in the guitar because the one which came with the bridge didn't fit the guitar. I want to put this brand new nut on my jackson dxmg, it seems to be the same size when i compare them (bare in mind i havent taken of the jackson one to compare). How do I go about making sure it will fit my jackson? I don't want to have to deal with lowering the shelve or sanding down anything.

Also a video would be nice showing me how to do it

"Schaller bridge" as in a Schaller Floyd Rose I presume? (Excellent choice, BTW)

Well, if Jackson is using one of their Floyd Rose licensed clones, their nut shelf may not match the dimensions of a OFR locking nut, hence the issue. As long as the OEM Jackson nut works, you should be ok. But if you must have (or just really want) to use the Schaller nut, then depending on a number of things - a lot of woodwork might be needed; i.e. sanding, shimming, or outright cutting and sawing. Or - it could be a simple shim. I couldn't tell you without seeing the guitar. Either way, I'd highly recommend not doing things yourself as you could permanently ruin the neck (by taking off to much wood and altering the scale length for example).

HTH
Gotoh is better!

What have i done?

But really, eyeballing it wont work...measure it. Different nuts have different radii, heights, and widths to the them...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by ORCRiST
No, its not. Sorry.

I dont own either...other than the OFR made by schaller. I just recently bought an old fulcrum kahler killer....they are supposed to be the tits. we will see.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I dont own either...other than the OFR made by schaller. I just recently bought an old fulcrum kahler killer....they are supposed to be the tits. we will see.

I've used them all. Not saying Gotoh makes a bad bridge at all - it just doesn't hold a candle next to an OFR/Schaller. I love Khaler's too! Awesome bridges, locking nuts? Not so much.

Funny thing is, one of my favorite bridges of all time is the Jackson JT-6. Crap materials, but I love the micro-tuners.

I'm personally biased to the Schaller licensed FR's as I think the design is superior (shorter string lock screws for one), and the one I have was almost a grand.

ORCRiST
Last edited by ORCRiST at Sep 27, 2011,
Quote by ORCRiST
I've used them all. Not saying Gotoh makes a bad bridge at all - it just doesn't hold a candle next to an OFR/Schaller. I love Khaler's too! Awesome bridges, locking nuts? Not so much.

Funny thing is, one of my favorite bridges of all time is the Jackson JT-6. Crap materials, but I love the micro-tuners.

I'm personally biased to the Schaller licensed FR's as I think the design is superior (shorter string lock screws for one), and the one I have was almost a grand.

ORCRiST

Jesus dude did you buy the titanium one? lol.

Yeah, the fine tuners have always been the flaw i've found.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
Jesus dude did you buy the titanium one? lol.

Yeah, the fine tuners have always been the flaw i've found.

Nope, Titanium would have been cheaper.

Schaller Ruthenium!

Quote by ORCRiST
Nope, Titanium would have been cheaper.

Schaller Ruthenium!

Hmm, didn't know they had Floyds like that. You definitely take the "Floyd King" title.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
Hmm, didn't know they had Floyds like that. You definitely take the "Floyd King" title.

Tyvm. However, it wasn't just the trem... its the tuning machines, pickup rings, nut... check out my profile to see what it all went on...
Quote by ORCRiST
Tyvm. However, it wasn't just the trem... its the tuning machines, pickup rings, nut... check out my profile to see what it all went on...

Fap time!
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220