Page 1 of 3
I'm curious, because I just spent $4500 on a tuba for myself.

So, pit, what's the most YOU'VE ever spent on an instrument? It can mean anything, guitars, bass guitars (if you're that kind of person... :p, pianos, synthesizers, cowbells, violas, whatever.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
200 bar. For a PRS.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

£1100 or about $1670

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I still use my 100 dollar fender. It does what I need it to do...which is letting me play guitar, I'll upgrade one day :p
Quote by Colgate Total
I have my girlfriend's Facebook password. Which means she clicked "Remember Password" when she logged in on my laptop. Which means this is a test. That bitch.
500$
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
It would be like 1000$ when converting currency and it was for a bass, my guitar cost around half of that probably
do instruments of torture count?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
$400 usd for my Jackson V

also own an Ibanez Prestige that's worth $1200 usd, but paid $600 usd for it >:]
Quote by diminishedtobme
I think the male ones have dicks, Im not sure though.

Quote by tgregory2010
ah screw you lol

$560 for the Ibanez XPT700, and another $140 for the case, so $700.

I'm almost finished making my 7 string, which has cost me $250 roughly for all materials, but I've also had to put hours of crafting into it. I would estimate the value of it at $700-$1000 though.
I've never bought an actual instrument with my own money, my electric was my 15th birthday present..and I've modded the holy crap out of it since then, and my Takamine acoustic was my 18th birthday present. But I have spent well over $2000 on all my gear with my own money, just in modifications, or amps and stuff.
1300 euro, for my main guitar. Customized baritone seven-string, **** yeah
4500 on a tuba...

why???

but on topic: about £500 on my fender strat
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Never bought my own instrument

I am saving up for a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 lefty. So around $800 in the near future.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Me personally....£80 on my acoustic. I still have my first electric which I got for christmas..nearly 11 years ago. I have my yamaha pacifica which I got for my birthday 3 years later. I have a Dean Z which I got 3 years ago for xmas and a Dean something [singlecut shape] which my ex just gave me because I wasn't going to teach her how to play after we broke up
Goddamn trumpet for band. But I technically didn't buy it since I was in 6th grade at the time.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
$800 for my 5 string Warwick Corvette
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
$500 for guitar, $600 for amp. this is top of the line prices for me
Quote by Dempsey68
4500 on a tuba...

why???

This is all I could think of....

$50 amp
$115 on Hohner LP (total)
Both Acoustics and my other electric (homemade) were gifts....
$2,750 for my Taylor. I hauled ass through four jobs, tons of paid labor for friends and neighbors, three paid gigs, and finding a lost cat with a $200 reward, all over the course of six months without spending much if anything on non-essential things, and by god was it worth it. It's the most gorgeous sounding thing I've ever heard.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
£450 for my 80's MIJ Squier Strat
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
850 on my strat and 850 on my martin. Both would cost about 1100 now so kinda glad I bought them before prices went up.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
800euros on a Fender Jazzmaster (The Ventures Special Edition)
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Tuba, OP, really? Why? I played it in school band for 2 years, and I hated the damn thing with a bloody passion.
OT: Only guitar I've ever bought was my first, I received all of my other guitars for birthdays, Christmas, etc.
Quote by ArcadianWarrior
I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I still use my 100 dollar fender. It does what I need it to do...which is letting me play guitar, I'll upgrade one day :p

I'm sorry to break it to you, but your guitar is not a fender.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by ArcadianWarrior

same here, i have been using a $80 yamaha acoustic for 5 and a half years and a $100 Squire bullet for 3 years, the only reason i will ever upgrade is if my relatives feel in a good mood sometime or if i join a band or something, but i'd probably just sponge off of my rich friends.
$600 for my Ibanez.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by Dempsey68
4500 on a tuba...

why???

Brass Instruments can cost a fark load man, people thought Gibson Guitars had a hefty price tag. Sounds like it might be a Jupiter Tuba! Hows about an Altus 1507 Britannia Flute they roll in at $11,500 its sick and amazing at the same time, my neighbour has a Selmer sax thats worth like $6,000...redonkulous! Makes the $1480 I spent on my Gibson Explorer sound like pocket change in comparison! Oh and the Explorer is my most expensive piece, if my provider does another Gibson promo in April I may look at a '59 reissue or possibly and aged Beano or Page Two replica.
$170 for my Ibanez rg2ex1 used.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
still rolling on a squier strat, but did get a STEAL on my Marshall JVM at $820
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
my Duesenberg Starplayer TV cost me $1800
$850 for my '65 Deluxe reverb limited edition fender amp
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Last edited by zenbone at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by Dempsey68
4500 on a tuba...

why???

It's actually a pretty good deal. They generally go for between 7-10k. I got this one from an individual seller, though, so I'm happy.

And ne14t, it's actually a Mirafone (yes, miraFone) 186 from 1978. Pretty good deal, if you ask me; especially considering that new, they're about $7500 and not as good.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by Dempsey68
4500 on a tuba...

why???

compared to how silly he'll look being a pigeon playing a tuba, that's not a very high cost.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 3