So, I was at my local Guitar Center, and I saw a Schecter C-4 used for $300. I don't know a thing about bass or bass playing, but would it be a good place to start?
Last edited by Cowless at Sep 26, 2011,
The C4 is a good bass. As I recall, it usually sells for around $400.00 new.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I think that would be a good choice to start on if you don't see yourself giving up on bass playing. But I guess you can always sell it.
Quote by Bloodbuzz
I think that would be a good choice to start on if you don't see yourself giving up on bass playing. But I guess you can always sell it.

If I don't like bass playing (and I don't see why I wouldn't like it) I could pretty easily turn around and sell it for $300 again. I still need an amp, though. There's a used Ashdown ABM 410t there but I would need a head for it.
If you're not yet inducted into bassdom, I'd not recommend buying a 410 cab, and that bass is nice (not my style) but again a pricy start into the world. I'd hate you to buy that bass, then buy a low budget amp and not like the experience.
Quote by askrere
If you're not yet inducted into bassdom, I'd not recommend buying a 410 cab, and that bass is nice (not my style) but again a pricy start into the world. I'd hate you to buy that bass, then buy a low budget amp and not like the experience.

Uh... so what should I do? I'm flying blind here.

Edit: Isn't Ashdown a good brand, though? It's only $150 used, which makes me think there might be something wrong with it, because it's normally supposed to be $400-450.

Also, what style would you say the C-4 is? I'd say (I got to play around with it in the store) that it would be good for anything from Funk to Heavy Metal/Hard Rock.
Last edited by Cowless at Sep 27, 2011,
Quote by Cowless
Also, what style would you say the C-4 is? I'd say (I got to play around with it in the store) that it would be good for anything from Funk to Heavy Metal/Hard Rock.

Its whatever style you play with it. Basses aren't so much confined to specific styles or genres. While there are a lot of very different sounding basses out there and some basses may be better suited to some things than others, you can pretty much play anything with any bass.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass