Hello everyone, I've been gifted an epiphone les paul junior, while i know the guitar itself isn't worth much it does play really well, but I was thinking about putting a p90 in it and was wondering if anyone could spray it amber to black sunburst, not unlike the 57 re issue.

just something i want doing, any one able? Ive been quoted stupid amounts of money for the spray job there must be a cheaper alternative?

thanks.
You could find some online tutorials and try repainting it yourself. Might not be perfect first time around but it'd save you a lot of money. There's a method involving paper and drawing pins that seems to work fairly well in a couple of videos I've seen. You'd need to take off all the hardware and the neck and strip/sand it down first.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
StewMac.com has a Sunburst painting kit you can buy. They ship world wide. I refinish guitars,and yes if a pro does it it won't be cheap.I normaly charge $250 for a 3 color burst or $200 for a 2 color.

You can do it yourself fairly easy if you can use a spray can alright.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
StewMac.com has a Sunburst painting kit you can buy. They ship world wide. I refinish guitars,and yes if a pro does it it won't be cheap.I normaly charge $250 for a 3 color burst or $200 for a 2 color.

You can do it yourself fairly easy if you can use a spray can alright.

thanks mate, ive sprayed single colour guitars before, but i have no idea how to get the wood showing like on a proper sunburst. i will look in to that though, thanks to both of you.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.