Page 1 of 3
Just thought I'd share these little pieces of joy to be scorned at, laughed upon, and just generally provide entertainment.

from a Facebook status:
Quote by Justin (hardcore catholic)
understand you hate abortion, me too. But no need to write descriptive essay's on facebook about it. There's way more important stuff on here than that, like who just got new shoes and what you had for breakfast.

Me: This one girl wrote one time about abortion from the fetus's perspective... apparently no one told her the that a fetus isn't a conscious, aware being...
Sarah (another Hardcore catholic): i beg to differ.

Ben (person a lot like me): ~2 weeks before birth

Sarah: Wow real mature....but if you want to have those opinions, that's your decision..I just pray that one day you will come to know the truth!

Justin:Are you talking to me? or them?
about an hour ago · Like

Sarah: Them, or whoever doesnt respect life before birth.
But I don't wanna argue, I was just stating medical facts.

Me: Oh, look. It's the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Ben: HERE'S THE DEAL Sarah, according to: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prenatal-care/PR00112/NSECTIONGROUP=2

Fetal brain developement finishes around the 12 week mark, or the first trimester.

Sarah: It's still a person from the moment of conception, no matter how long it takes for the brain, nervous system, etc. to fully develop.

Me:How is it a person? Because it contains DNA from a human? A flake of dandruff from my head contains my DNA, and it's not a human.

Ben: Sarah, if that was to difficult to follow, here: http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_fetu.htm (funnily named "religious tolerance") That outlines all the stages that happen during pregnancy. Now, this site states a statistic (Over 90% of all abortions are performed before this stage.) And it has 2 different links to medical journals (AP Science and NDA Medical Journal, both very well accepted)

So, I'm going with the Science.

Sarah: um wow....let me know how that goes over with God...because I'm pretty sure that He's pro-life

Sarah:How is it not a person? If it's not a human being then what is it? It can't just magically turn into a human being one day. It has to have always been that from day one.

Justin: God>science. This is my status dont diss my beliefs.

There were tones more, I didn't include them because they weren't important.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Cool.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
How do you know it's not alive? How do we know plants have feelings?!?!? Huh?!?! Are you really going to rely on a scientist article to tell you? How do you really know? Huh??? It's like the saying goes, don't believe everything you read.

But really, nobody cares dude. tldr.
Justin obviously wanted to start some shit just because he likes arguing with people over things that can't be won. Who would post something like that as your status and not expect to get replies the opposite his opinion?
So you argued a pointless, endless debate over facebook to show what an ass you are?

Well done.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
dont these "look how right i am" threads get kinda boring?
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
My brother was talking about this one girl. She was talking about women's rights from a Christian point of view and said something like...

"Man has to remember that woman is God's gift to Man".

And he also pointed out to her that Susan B. Anthony, the biggest person in the women's rights movement was Atheist to which she replied...

"She's not the only person who was in the women's rights movement..."

And proceeded to list a bunch of women's rights activist frm that time frame.

and ended with something like

"Why am I arguing with you? I'll save my breath with someone who matters."

She totally missed his point that the most well known and probably the only person people know from the women's rights activist was an Atheist and she had listed a bunch of people who were atheist as well.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by p_c
dont these "look how right i am" threads get kinda boring?

I have two lines in the whole thing

EDIT
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
Justin obviously wanted to start some shit just because he likes arguing with people over things that can't be won. Who would post something like that as your status and not expect to get replies the opposite his opinion?

Justin always makes all encompassing statii like that, and it got old.

Last edited by moscaespañol at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
But what about the Bible?

tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by ethan_hanus
How do you know it's not alive? How do we know plants have feelings?!?!? Huh?!?! Are you really going to rely on a scientist article to tell you? How do you really know? Huh??? It's like the saying goes, don't believe everything you read.

But really, nobody cares dude. tldr.

Well my argument for being pro-choice isn't really a moral one, and arguing whether it's alive or not is stupid and gets nobody anywhere.

This is why I'm pro-choice: money.

We can not afford to abolish abortion. Right off the bat people tell those about to have an abortion to adopt the child out. Well adoption system/foster care would suddenly be burdened with a lot more kids. This is a system that is currently overburdened and sees children get abused by foster parents due to lack of funding to enforce a proper household for the children (and because some people sign up to foster kids because they think they can get free money and not really take care of the kid all that much).

Now, the kids who stay with their parents, and how we'll pay for them. Assuming that these kids have as great a life as everyone else this is a lot more money we'll be dishing out for public school, but that assumptions not really valid is it? Who gets abortions? People who don't want to or can't take care of a child. Most people who get an abortion realize they can't handle the financial burden. If these parents have to hold that burden then that will be many many many dollars in programs like welfare that we aren't dishing out right now.

Not to mention that kids who don't get adopted into a proper family and lower income children are more likely to turn to crime. Now you're talking an entire different beast. You're paying for court room costs, for jail cells, prison cells, feeding them. You'll wind up paying for these kids their whole life and possibly the next generation too.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
Well my argument for being pro-choice isn't really a moral one, and arguing whether it's alive or not is stupid and gets nobody anywhere.

We can not afford to abolish abortion. Right off the bat people tell those about to have an abortion to adopt the child out. Well adoption system/foster care would suddenly be burdened with a lot more kids. This is a system that is currently overburdened and sees children get abused by foster parents due to lack of funding to enforce a proper household for the children (and because some people sign up to foster kids because they think they can get free money and not really take care of the kid all that much).

Now, the kids who stay with their parents, and how we'll pay for them. Assuming that these kids have as great a life as everyone else this is a lot more money we'll be dishing out for public school, but that assumptions not really valid is it? Who gets abortions? People who don't want to or can't take care of a child. Most people who get an abortion realize they can't handle the financial burden. If these parents have to hold that burden then that will be many many many dollars in programs like welfare that we aren't dishing out right now.

Not to mention that kids who don't get adopted into a proper family and lower income children are more likely to turn to crime. Now you're talking an entire different beast. You're paying for court room costs, for jail cells, prison cells, feeding them. You'll wind up paying for these kids their whole life and possibly the next generation too.

But what about God!? God is pro-life, and surely he'll bring wrath upon our country if we keep killing fetuses!

but in all seriousness,

Quote by moscaespañol
But what about God!? God is pro-life, and surely he'll bring wrath upon our country if we keep killing fetuses!

but in all seriousness,

I don't know I just don't care about the women's right aspect and it's a morally grey action at best. It's the best way I can justify it.
Quote by tayroar

Money is the worst reason to base your moral opinion for human life.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Money is the worst reason to base your moral opinion for human life.

Not really, instead of wasting money on those who aren't around it can go to those who are here.
Quote by madbasslover
This is stupid. This isn't "People are not intelligent," this is "lol ppl r disagring wit me, how dum!!@"

And this is how almost every argument I get into on UG goes, they call me stupid because my opinion is different than most peoples on here....yeah, they have Wikipedia to prove me wrong, but that doesn't make my opinion wrong.

Gangis, dude, you have no idea what you are talking about, just stop while you are ahead. Taking things out of historical context seems to be your strong suit.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by moscaespañol
There were tones more, I didn't include them because they weren't important.

I wanna hear them. Killer tone is hard to achieve.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ethan_hanus
And this is how almost every argument I get into on UG goes, they call me stupid because my opinion is different than most peoples on here....yeah, they have Wikipedia to prove me wrong, but that doesn't make my opinion wrong.

Gangis, dude, you have no idea what you are talking about, just stop while you are ahead. Taking things out of historical context seems to be your strong suit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivist_fallacy

Opinions aren't everything man. Most things you argue do have a right or a wrong answer (not everything). We get into this habit of going back to elementary school when our teacher told us an opinion can't be wrong. Well yes it ****ing can. There is a right or wrong answer to most things.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Dude, you're stupid. Your opinion on how to spell "Genghis" is wrong.
MATTERHORN
Religious or philosophical arguments are one of the worst most cringe-inducing things to read on Facebook. I'm not against arguing on the internet obviously, but when I read arguments like that on facebook, usually it's one person looking wrong and naive, while another person looks like a total jackass because they just copy arguments from other sources on the internet.
OMG someone has different views then me. They're so dumb.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by ethan_hanus

Actually it goes more like this

*stupid opinion supported by no facts*

*somebody refutes said opinion with facts*

*ragequit or you change the subject*

Also, learn the difference between opinions and facts, for god's sake.
Quote by WCPhils

In my and Ben's defense, they kinda were

Quote by StewieSwan
Actually it goes more like this

*stupid opinion supported by no facts*

*somebody refutes said opinion with facts*

*ragequit or you change the subject*

Also, learn the difference between opinions and facts, for god's sake.

You missed the Dunning-Kruger step.
Quote by Dirge Humani
You missed the Dunning-Kruger step.

It's part of the ragequit part.
Quote by moscaespañol
In my and Ben's defense, they kinda were

yes they were.

I just get tired of these kinds of threads. It just turns into 90% of the Pit talking about how they are superior to everyone else.

I agree with you. Was just bored so I decided to mess around
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 26, 2011,
Wow, aren't you so cool?

Arguing with idiots on Bookface makes you a bigger idiot. I don't agree with them, but treating people like idiots because they differ with you makes you even bigger an idiot than before.

And using Bookface in the first place caps it all off.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by WCPhils

Allow me to reidirect you to the Subjectivist's Fallacy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivist_fallacy Basically life does start somewhere, that's a fact, sure the details on where it starts are fuzzy, but it definitely starts somewhere. You're alive you got to be alive somehow right?

This is an especially bad fallacy when it comes to God. There either is a god or there isn't. It's not a matter of opinion, there isn't a kind of god and the state of god's existance doesn't change person to person depending on whether you believe or not. Before you say things like "oh they just have a different view than me" ask yourself is it really a matter of opinion?
Wait how can anyone say the christian god is pro-life when he has murdered, and ordered the murder of so many men, women, children and babies?
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Alucard817
Wait how can anyone say the christian god is pro-life when he has murdered, and ordered the murder of so many men, women, children and babies?

It was for the good of teh Colony.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by tayroar
Allow me to reidirect you to the Subjectivist's Fallacy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivist_fallacy Basically life does start somewhere, that's a fact, sure the details on where it starts are fuzzy, but it definitely starts somewhere. You're alive you got to be alive somehow right?

This is an especially bad fallacy when it comes to God. There either is a god or there isn't. It's not a matter of opinion, there isn't a kind of god and the state of god's existance doesn't change person to person depending on whether you believe or not. Before you say things like "oh they just have a different view than me" ask yourself is it really a matter of opinion?

Look at my last post. I agree with the majority of the Pit on this subject. I was just trolling.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Sep 26, 2011,
Page 1 of 3