So I don't have a strap for my guitar. For some reason my guitar doesn't have the second "button" or whatever you want to call it near the fretboard....from what I understand in these circumstances you need to either install one or get a sort of sling type strap to go around the head stock. I sorta made one of these just using a lock tie but I've been thinking about just making a whole strap out of some cloth or something. Has anyone done this on here? Do's, don'ts, suggestions?
Most straps will come with a shoestring-style tie for these situations. You simply tie the strap from the button hole on the end to your headstock, under the strings, next to the nut.

Like so: http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/pjpeg/5d7265f3bb3bf19c0d97fe68dce5480b67e6bbdf.pjpg
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
You can certainly make your own, depends on how involved you want to get. Be aware that raw leather is rather expensive, and in order to do a professional job you'd need leather-working tools that will set you back considerably more than a strap would.

Of course, you could go into business....
Why not just buy a strap button? They cost about £1.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Why not just buy a strap button? They cost about £1.

Cause wouldn't I then have to drill my guitar? That doesn't sound like a very good idea.

I'm thinking about making one...if nothing else just to have something completely unique.
Guitars which have 2 strap buttons have already been drilled into....

If you aren't confident with doing it though, probably best you don't try just in case.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Installing a strap button is an easy job; if you're not confident about your ability any technician can do it for a few bucks.
You're drilling into a solid block of wood, the neck-block.