Anybody, I am looking to build a low watt tube amp that has a great clean tone. Most of the amps i have researched on Youtube sound great but they are designed for more dirty tones and don't offer much in the way of clean head room or tone clarity. I dont want or need much more than a little break up if i am hitting the strings pretty hard. More like a classic Fender clean channel. Anyone know of any schematics or kits, or mods to any kits that might build out to the sound i want. I am thinking that 4-8 watts would be plenty loud for my purpose. Thanks
I think that you could buy a Champ 600 then change the tubes. But as AcousticMirror said, you should go for a little bit bigger if you what clean tones.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
I've heard awesome cleans from the old Fender Champ amps, but that's on a very low volume. If you want an amp for superb clean at a volume equivalent to a dirty amp at 4-8 watts, you're probably going to need to start looking at 15-20+ watts.
Superchamp. Blues junior. vox night train.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
Traynor Darkhorse. 15/7w switching, 3 different voicings, none of them get very dirty on thier own. Played one for a while at L&M, nice amp.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.