How tall do you have your guitar when you stand up and why? (please post a picture) What is most important between looking cool and playing cool? Also have you more problems playing standing up, than sitting down?

I have mine memium-tall because its comterbale, and it dosnt look to dumb if you are playing alot of technical metal imo... It also feels pretty close to sitting down.
http://www.allstarmusiclessons.com/playercentral/images/john_petrucci.jpg

Now its your turn.
Just a wee bit under sitting level, as the strap loosens by itself over time and I don't feel like adjusting it.
Where's Waldo?
no matter how high i put the strap i cant nearly stretch my fingers enough as i can when i sit. idk why....my technique is probably crap
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
About as low as I can get it without snapping my wrist in half. so yeah about 5 cm above croch level.
wut.
It's like a bit under my navel, I can't get a pic in, though. It's pretty comfy as in I can play most stuff just by raising the neck a bit.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I set my strap pretty high (certainly above my waist) so that I can easily access the neck (and tilt it upwards at an angle to comfortably play certain things, especially stuff that requires wide stretching - somewhat similarly to what Shawn Lane does sometimes if you watch his live clips) when I'm standing up. The lower it is, the more it feels like I am inconveniently reaching around with my wrist to access the frets. I don't have very long arms.

I don't care if it's "uncool looking".
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 27, 2011,
The centre of the guitar's body is just a tiny bit below solarplexus-height on me. The same height as if I was playing while sitting.

I can't remember the last time I played standing up. The strap's been sitting next to my amp for ages.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
The best teacher I ever had, once told me that your strap should keep your guitar at the same height standing, as it is while sitting. If while sitting, your guitar is on your lap, then when standing it drops down to your waste or lower, it's going to feel different when you play. Which can cause bad habits or worse, injuries.
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by maker's marked
The best teacher I ever had, once told me that your strap should keep your guitar at the same height standing, as it is while sitting. If while sitting, your guitar is on your lap, then when standing it drops down to your waste or lower, it's going to feel different when you play. Which can cause bad habits or worse, injuries.

I agree with this guys teacher, and do exactly as he advised.

I have my guitar pretty high. The carved out bit on the back sits nicely by where my ribs are, like it was designed for. It is very comfortable, easy to play with and works just like your teacher said.

I got really annoyed when I see people straining because they hang their guitars really low. They hang their guitars low because they think it looks cool, but because they are straining and struggling they look like idiots.

I'v been told I hold my guitar like Jason Becker.
With guitar I have it at about that height so I can pick easily.

But with bass I always use fingers so I keep it low
Professional lurker since 2009.
i only play V shaped guitars and i like the bottom horn to fit/sit in the 'pocket' of my right thigh and just above the knee, also i like to have the first fret in line somewhere between my chin and sholder height. similar to how Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom holds his guitar but slightly higher than him
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
i have mine so that there is no difference between sitting or standing. also, i play classical style while sitting and try to mimic that position while standing. really helps a lot
keep writing. keep dreaming.

keep the notes coming...

ibanez ftw
Quote by Robfreitag
my picking hand is around belt-buckle height, with the neck angled upwards.

+1