To my ear your tone lacks "guts", but that may just be the difference between Guitar Rig 3 compared to 5. Maybe a little more bass and maybe add a tube screamer? All personal preference though.
Quote by finguitar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzfYwcpPSh8 I have been trying to find a good metal guitar tone with guitar rig 3 for a while now and this is the tone that I have got, for now at least. Any suggestions on getting a better tone? Cheers!

Haven't used many computer programs to reproduce a heavy sound, but what I do on my amp is turn the trebble to 100% with the bass at 90%. No mid, no contour. Not sure if your program can do that or not and if it can, may produce a lot of feedback. I used numerous apps from iTunes and hated every single one. Granted it's not the same as an actual PC program.
Quote by DCanedo
Haven't used many computer programs to reproduce a heavy sound, but what I do on my amp is turn the trebble to 100% with the bass at 90%. No mid, no contour. Not sure if your program can do that or not and if it can, may produce a lot of feedback. I used numerous apps from iTunes and hated every single one. Granted it's not the same as an actual PC program.

Nope.

Take a metal amp, gain around 3/4 for playing on your own, around 1/2 if you're recording double tracked. Leave EQ around the centre and adjust to taste, leave a good amount of mids in because the core of the guitars sound is in the mids. Contrary to popular believe the guitar is not a bass instrument. Put a clean overdrive infront of the amp, gain around 3/4, drive around 1/4 and tone to taste.

Should be a good starting point.

Edit: Also you have no bass guitar (that I can hear) in that video (or if you do it's not mixed well). The bass adds the low end guts to any guitar sound, even if you can't separate the bass from the guitar sound the bass is what gives the low frequency balls to the sound.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Sep 27, 2011,