hey, i'm doing an essay for my music class, and i'm doing a Compare and Contrast of an original and a cover.

i tried doing "careless whisper" with the cover version by seether, and my teacher just told me there isn't enough differeneces between the two to get an A.

what are some songs you can think of that:
are a cover version of a song.
is in a different genre
and has different sections and solos etc, but is still based around the original.

i've been looking up covers for the past 2 hours, and i can't find anything with enough difference between them.

please help me!
Knockin' on heaven's door by bob dylan/guns 'n roses?
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Pick one of these:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/greatest_cover_songs_of_all_time.html

If you're looking for major differences to write about, I'd recommend no. 4 on the list.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Hurt would be an obvious one. It seems to mean different things coming from each artist, Johnny Cash and Nine Inch Nails. Big contrast, it's a cliche but it seems perfect.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by spadge
hey, i'm doing an essay for my music class, and i'm doing a Compare and Contrast of an original and a cover.

i tried doing "careless whisper" with the cover version by seether, and my teacher just told me there isn't enough differeneces between the two to get an A.

what are some songs you can think of that:
are a cover version of a song.
is in a different genre
and has different sections and solos etc, but is still based around the original.

i've been looking up covers for the past 2 hours, and i can't find anything with enough difference between them.

please help me!

Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower would give you plenty to talk about.
shred is gaudy music
If we're talking cross-genre arrangements of songs, some possibilities are Alex Skolnick doing KISS songs in a jazz arrangement with his trio, and the string quartet versions of Metallica songs (I don't recall exactly who it was who did this).
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 27, 2011,
Ray Charles' "I Don't Need No Doctor"

John Scofield, featuring John Mayer "I Don't Need No Doctor"

or any Ray Charles song covered by other people.

how bout Star Spangled Banner, and Jimi Hendrix's cover?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I done an essay on Nina Simone's and Muse's versions of Feelin' Good for my Advanced Higher Music.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
99 Red Balloons originally by Nena, covered by Goldfinger.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals