I turned my amp on to warm it up and the LED went dim after about 30 seconds, I turned the power off then flipped the switch to try it again and the LED flashed really bright and now the amp wont turn on, could a bad LED be the problem? the fuse is fine (i tested it) but im not hearing any noise and the tubes arent heating up. Ive heard that these amps have had solder problems could that be it? I noticed it started to make some minor crackling noises last week.
that is my first guess - anything else beyond that will probably need a tech anyway.

i'm not sure where the HT fuse but if it is inside the chassis like a lot of amps are then be very very careful not to touch anything else while you are in there. You could die and stuff.

Also - ask in the Only Valveking Thread. There are some smart people in there
^ that is what I said. It could be a HT (high tension) fuse on the inside of the chassis.

Most amps like this have at least 2 fuses. 1 that is for the amp overall and 1 that is for the power tubes. So if your power tubes/fuse fail the amp may still turn on.

What you said is that if the power tubes fail the amp won't turn on - which is not a correct statement.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ that is what I said. It could be a HT (high tension) fuse on the inside of the chassis.

Most amps like this have at least 2 fuses. 1 that is for the amp overall and 1 that is for the power tubes. So if your power tubes/fuse fail the amp may still turn on.

What you said is that if the power tubes fail the amp won't turn on - which is not a correct statement.

That's cause I didn't include all the details of that statement. In general, if you blow power tubes, the amp wont come on, cause it usually takes a fuse with it.

Course, it's kinda hard to blow the slow blow fuses in the amp. My 112 has 3 slow blow fuses on the board, and one main fast blow fuse on the back as the main.
well i opened my amp and it looks like one of the internal fuses is blown, i got a new fuse but its slightly bigger in size...could i make it work?
Quote by RA_ChrisC
well i opened my amp and it looks like one of the internal fuses is blown, i got a new fuse but its slightly bigger in size...could i make it work?

It needs to be the same value and size, usually it'll say on the side of the fuse. And the place holder for the fuse sometimes says the value of the fuse on the board. And if it's got a thick element in the middle, then it's a "slow-blow" fuse, very important, if it's a thin element, then it's a "quick-blow" fuse.
Well I brought it to a music shop to see what's really wrong I should have it back in a few weeks.