So this isn't all too recent, but I've just recently been hearing about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKSwuIHvL8

These chips that will supposedly be introduced soon, that you will be identified with, used to buy and sell things, etc.
Now my dad knows I am an atheist - and he's been researching this kind of sh*t lately, trying to convince me that the new world order is coming, and of course a couple hours on how the bible is the truth.
"See? The bible predicted this all along, the mark that everyone will need to buy and sell things with. They couldn't have known that back in those times."
I never know how to argue with the guy, I mean what could I say to that?

*sigh*
Last edited by joedrd94 at Sep 27, 2011,
There is meant to be an apocalypse almost every day..

People should spend their spare time not trying to come up with some ridiculous reason for an upcoming apocalypse.
That video's 4 years old, I remember this story when it first popped up. I've not heard anything about it since. It's not going to happen any time soon.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
My dogs are chipped. Does that make them hellhounds?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Tell him that the prediction is so vague that A) it could mean anything, and B) given enough time any prediction would come true.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I just took a huge shit.

Must be a sign of an apocalypse.

+1

Don't get me wrong, I think it's ridiculous too.
You can see my frustration though... him thinking his bible predictions are coming true plus my father is a stuuuborn man..