Poll: What do you think is the best way to start a relationship?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think is the best way to start a relationship?
Court them
33 14%
Spontaneously kiss them like a f***ing bro
31 13%
Ask them to your boyfriend/girlfriend
18 7%
Hang out as friends until something happens
104 43%
Inquire about a monthly payment plan
58 24%
Voters: 244.
Page 1 of 3
I know, I know...relationship thread. But I wanted a poll.

How does the Pit typically begin a new relationship with a significant other? I'm curious, because I've known people who have actually courted (yes, courted), and that just sounds dry and 19th century. I've also had friends who have asked a girl to be their girlfriend, and I feel that would just come across as corny.

So how do you guys do it (or how would you do it)?

Feel free to explain yourselves, as well
Go out and socialize lots. Meet new people. Hang out with people you might not normally do.

I just got out of a reasonably long relationship and it's what i plan to do.

Most important thing though.. Never find a replacement for your ex. No-one will be the same as your ex, and if they were, then it'll obviously end the same way it did with your ex.

Find someone you get a long with, and don't just date them because they have a vagina. Date them because you genuinely like them and they're actual girlfriend material.
I don't see casual sex as an option...
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
I haven't started any but I'd probably just hang out till something happened. Like a beta
Spontaneously kissing them like a bro wont make them your girlfriend..

Saying that would mean, as soon as you kiss any girl, they are automatically your girlfriend.
You may as well put up a poll option for 'rape them until they surrender to your superior alpha instincts and become your girlfriend'
Two of the three latest "flings" or whatever I should call it I basically just looked at and they came up to me and we started to talk / kiss. I was extremely drunk so I thought they were going to murder me for being a creep.

My ex girlfriend was a friend of mine and a friend of all my friends. We were basically a big gang of people and some night she and I started to kiss. And then it took a few months or so before we start going out and hanging out.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Where is the "Beta as **** until they make a move" option?

edit: Found it "Hang out as friends until something happens"
NO NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
My plan is to go to their house at night and chalk it on the pavement in front of their house.

Guess she'd like that haha. Now to find the figurative balls to do it.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by vayne92
Spontaneously kissing them like a bro wont make them your girlfriend..

Saying that would mean, as soon as you kiss any girl, they are automatically your girlfriend.
You may as well put up a poll option for 'rape them until they surrender to your superior alpha instincts and become your girlfriend'

+1
Chloroform option?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It really varies.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Two of the three latest "flings" or whatever I should call it I basically just looked at and they came up to me and we started to talk / kiss. I was extremely drunk so I thought they were going to murder me for being a creep.

My ex girlfriend was a friend of mine and a friend of all my friends. We were basically a big gang of people and some night she and I started to kiss. And then it took a few months or so before we start going out and hanging out.

Where do you hang out? I must go there.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Go to the city with your most BR00TAL electric and BR00TAL amp and play BR00TAL drop z tunes until you rack up a BR00TAL crowd of really BR00TAL chicks who are BR00TAL enough to be your BR00TAL girlfriend.

The really alpha option of course would be to walk up to every girl and ask them to be your girlfriend. You're bound to find a winner eventually.
Last edited by vayne92 at Sep 27, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
Well, I play guitar.

You solo a lot don't you?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kensai
It really varies.

Where do you hang out? I must go there.

I'm just far too good looking. To do the cooking. That was twenty years agoo..

One of the nights was at Kings Head, but I actually started to look at said girl at Masthuggstorgets hållplats and then at the tram going to Mariaplan and she, with a friend, decided to jump off there aswell although it wasn't even her stop to follow me. I thought they were going to kill me.

Other time was at Kon Tiki and a girl from Stockholm looked extremely angrily at me. I gave her a little note with my number and later that night we went home to where she wa staying for her visit in Gothenburg, so we basically were having sex next to her friend... She turned out to be a manic depressive bi polar self centered fiend. But nonetheless. I ****ed her. Veronica Palm the politicians younger sister.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 27, 2011,
All of the above.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Just be friends, hang out and get to know them first. Then if there's a connection, ask them out on a date.
That's what I usually do. way less awkward than being on a date with someone you dont know at all
Quote by Jackal58

Psh Who needs to solo? Bust out the acoustic and they're yours for life.
Quote by ThatOldMixtape
Psh Who needs to solo? Bust out the acoustic and they're yours for life.

If you play Oasis or Jason Mraz yes.
Rape

(sorry, Pit tradition. I felt compelled)

Actually, scratch that. I've never had a relationship.
Quote by vayne92
The really alpha option of course would be to walk up to every girl and ask them to be your girlfriend. You're bound to find a winner eventually.

That actually could work but you'd also probably get famous for being a real weirdo.
Quote by Jackal58

I'll assume you're serious, so I'll answer,

Yes, I play a lot of solos, and solos is what I mostly play.
Pull my cock out and ask her if she like what she sees. If she says yes, move on from there. If she says no, cock slap her in the face, move on from there.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I met my girlfriend on a blind date

My friend and his girlfriend, who was best friends with my girlfriend at the time, set us up.

She knocked over my popcorn and thought I would hate her because of it
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
F*cking lol at everyone who put Hang out as friends until something happens
◙▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸

Haters gonna hate
two of my three recent relationships started with us liking each other, then in a crazy scenario, we started making out haha
Quote by captaincrunk
Definitely courting. Bitches love courting.

Can somebody explain to me what courting is?

Sounds like usual "dating" to me
I hung out with my first for a week then asked her out.
With my second, we hung out in a group as friends and became intimate enough to be in a relationship.
Usually just hang out a few times and see where things go from there. If she seems interested I'll eventually ask her out. The problem is getting the timing right. You don't want to do it too soon, but you don't want to do it too late either.
When it's official on Facebook. Everybody knows that.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
I got drunk with this chick about three weeks ago. We hooked up a little bit that night. After that we realized how much we had in common (i had only known her about two weeks prior to this) and now were dating. It moved kinda fast but so far its pretty fun
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
Quote by daytripper75
Usually just hang out a few times and see where things go from there. If she seems interested I'll eventually ask her out. The problem is getting the timing right. You don't want to do it too soon, but you don't want to do it too late either.

There really isn't a too soon, depending on what you ask her out for.
Page 1 of 3