Poll: Which bass Should I pick?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which bass Should I pick?
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar in Crimson Red Transparent
6 67%
Ibanez GSR200 in Transparent Red
1 11%
ESP LTD B50 in Black
0 0%
ESP LTD B50FM in See Through Red Burst
2 22%
Voters: 9.
I'm looking get a new 4 string P/J to mod within the next two to three months.

I don't care for the hardware or pickups since they'll be replaced with higher quality parts.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Added a poll.

Also I'm looking to go new.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
go to the store and play them. if youre modding the electronics dont matter, just the feel of the body and neck do. what youve posted are 3 very different brands. i like ibanez but everyone here is a fender *****.

just go play them, or at least something within the same brand family.

EDIT: lol i didnt know this ^ happens if you dont censor yourself. wh0r3s is what i said. but just for tickles, tits **** **** ass balls shit bitch **** twat *****
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Last edited by bassman10101 at Sep 27, 2011,
They're all agathis bodies with maple necks and rosewood fingerboards right?

I voted for the Jag, but between those 4 it really just comes down to what's your favorite body shape?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
They're all agathis bodies with maple necks and rosewood fingerboards right?

I voted for the Jag, but between those 4 it really just comes down to what's your favorite body shape?

I'm leaning towards a the Jag since it's basswood instead agathis of the B50 and GSR200.
im leaning towards you putting your big boy pants on and making a decision. also, neck radius is important to how a bass feels and plays. fenders usually have a flatter neck while ibanez is much more rounded. have you looked at the product websites? ibanez flaunts the **** out of their radius. if youre basing this off of wood, get the basswood i guess. its nicer on novice carpenters. agathis is kind of annoying to work with. easier to cut i guess.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
it dependes i would go with the gsr becase i love ibenez necks, and do the woods make that much of a differnce? anyways go with the body and neck you like most
Quote by bassman10101
im leaning towards you putting your big boy pants on and making a decision.

Why so mean?
The recently discontinued Squier Precision Specials were pretty good, GREAT if you want to mod.

I'd hunt one of those down (usually found in the sub-$200 range used) if you want a more classic looking P/J.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by bassman10101
im leaning towards you putting your big boy pants on and making a decision. also, neck radius is important to how a bass feels and plays. fenders usually have a flatter neck while ibanez is much more rounded. have you looked at the product websites? ibanez flaunts the **** out of their radius. if youre basing this off of wood, get the basswood i guess. its nicer on novice carpenters. agathis is kind of annoying to work with. easier to cut i guess.

What's up your arse fuck nuts?

You could always go the SX route. There's Yamaha too, the RBX stuff doesn't really use anything exotic for hardware so replacements would be easy enough to find.
Out of those... I wouldn't take any. If there was a gun to my head probably the Squier.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB