id like all the people who frequent the bass forum to protest "which amp/bass" threads on the grounds that there is more than enough info on this site, as well as the rest of the internet, for people to make a decision on what bass or amp they need. the "which amp/bass" threads stem solely from a desire to have other people do their work for them and i will not enable this anymore. im not asking for a response or a post in this thread, just a solid effort to not post responses to "which amp/bass" threads, unless pointing to the search bar or any other means to their ends.

also, which amp do i need? i like to play jazz but i also like to play punk and metal and also some classical and electronica. i only have $5 to spend so please HELP!

My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
+1
Agree that most of them are requesting information which is already in 1,000s of thread as well as the reviews section
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
This isn't going to help. There will constantly be noobs coming in and asking questions without reading the FAQ or using the searchbar or usually actually thinking for themselves at all.
You might just have to get used to it.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
no. ive been here for 4 years and im sick of it. i dont think getting used to something thats bad is ok. i dont think protesting the posts will stop them from coming, just stop them from dominating the main page.

after all, you never answered my question. i really need help with an amp right now! i just ordered a 2000 watt behringer off ebay, the guy said it was "assemble yourself," what does that mean????
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Last edited by bassman10101 at Sep 27, 2011,
You get stupid people. It's not a good thing but if you don't get used to that in life, you'll go mad.
I like you, man, but if this site and the people inhabiting this subforum get to you so much, why are you still here?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

because the good usually outweighs the bad. but recently its just been an onslaught of crap. i like you too, man. i like a lot of people who have come and gone. i think a reason for a lot of devoted forumers leaving is due to the increased amount of crap threads that are posted hundreds of times. i like staying here to help people with their problems, talk about obtained gear and whatever else comes up. the likes of anarkee, fatgoogle, jazzrockfeel, fitz, and THE HUMANITY would all agree, i think. those are the only people on my friends list (other than a few random adds) and the only consistent player any more is humanity. i understand people have lives and get busy, but i also understand its hard to log on to this site knowing its going to be the same crap as yesterday regardless of how many times the question is answered. im not leaving while i can still attempt to make this forum better.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Admittedly, the onslaught of samey threads is one of the reasons I quit being a mod and post less and less (as well as other reasons, like life), but protesting the threads is very against what I at least felt the bass forum stood for- honest, helpful advice from a community. How can we maintain a community feel for new members when their first threads get no response, or worse, abuse?
normally, id agree with this debate. however, what is the percentage of people who make a new username, post a redundant thread, get it answered wholeheartedly, and then you never see that person again? yes ignoring them is wrong, but maintaining a strict code of telling them to search etc. can be helpful. it tells them right off that a new thread should be researched first.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I agree with you, but disagree too. I think 90% of these threads are easily answered and there is an FAQ, but everyone still feels the need to rush in and step all over each other to give roughly the exact same device.

Meanwhile in my experience whenever more interesting or original threads are made they are largely ignored. Hell the last few of mine have like maybe 5 responses tops and they are all original or at least seldom asked or unsearchable questions, maybe you don't have an answer but you don't even guess or discuss.

Which leads me to believe the these forums are mostly as you said to look at others new gear and make jokes. Which it's cool friendly stuff, but I am mostly here for advice and knowledge, and while you say your here for interesting dialogue, most of your posts are indeed rapid fire "buy a p bass used".

If you take out the what new metal bass do I need, and help I tore my frets out to be cool posts, whats left you seldom looked at anyway
lol to you mister 2010 joinee. i rapid fire through the nonsense threads to get them dismissed as quickly as i can, usually to no avail. sorry if i missed your "got a free amp" thread, or your "mudbucker" thread or your "car woofer as bass speakers" thread haha ive had a raging morning, ill go post in those threads now

im here to get a general consensus on how to handle redundant threads because the MODS DONT DO ANYTHING and people are too lazy to search bar things.

regardless, i will be sending redundant threads to the searchbar and i hope the mods and all of you frequent flyers do the same. oh and delerium...has a new member posted in here yet? lol they dont even know what we're up to because they dont want to open a thread and have to read, they just want to post and have answers.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
ok, did i make this thread entitled "askrere the douche **** who posts retarded crap"? no i dont think i did that. i dont recall ever actually saying your name, mentioning you, or otherwise directing this thread towards you. so it gets a little confusing when you, in all your wisdom, believe that this thread is about you. i know your parents probably told you that the sun revolves around you, and when you were 5 this theory was probably ok. but, thinking with an objective mind, we can actually see that this thread is not all about you and your posts. this is about the forums as a whole and the manner in which to handle redundant posts. no there is nothing wrong with being new, but the newcomers need to be pointed in the right direction. you, askrere are obviously a contributing member of these forums and post things that arent redundant, so unclench that cottage cheese mound you call an ass and understand that this isnt a personal attack on askrere.

ill state again. redundant threads should not be answered but directed to the searchbar or related threads.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
lol to you mister 2010 joinee.

I think someone who has been pretty active for over a year and a half probably isn't too much of a newbie tbh.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

like i said. not sending a personal attack to this kid. if you post things that arent redundant then its fine. if someone joins today, reads the rules, faq, and searches then posts a thread that has never been touched at all then i dont have a problem. even older members post redundant crap. if i post something redundant you all should tell me to searchbar. just what im trying to express.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
This thread is stupid.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?