Page 1 of 2
It's nice to think about the Cliff Burton era of Metallica again, ecspecially after hearing the awful new Lou Reed & Metallica music. Today is the 25th anniversary of Cliff's death. What's everyone's favorite Metallica song from the Cliff era? Mine is 'Orion'.

Cool blog post that highlight's Cliff's best work:

http://loudwire.com/top-cliff-burton-metallica-songs/
Tornado Of Souls.

/not a Metallica fan or even thrash metal fan for that matter
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Rip Dime.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I like him a lot. I do feel like he gets thrown under the bus every once in a while though.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by parigod
I like him a lot. I do feel like he gets thrown under the bus every once in a while though.

I have no sig
Quote by wizards?
RIP Freddy Mercury
This.

And RIP Dio.

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
"The first thing people should know about Cliff Burton is that he played bass without a pick. That may seem like a ridiculous thing to point out, but it's kind of like driving a truck without a steering wheel"

Whoever wrote that blog just has no idea :/
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
RIP god dammit that was my only copy of today's newspaper!!

Shawn Lane died exactly 8 years ago yesterday, but you didn't make a thread for him?

also, go to the Metallica thread in the Metal Forum. they might actually care about this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 27, 2011,
RIP Thrusty
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by theogonia777
Shawn Lane died exactly 8 years ago yesterday, but you didn't make a thread for him?
This.

Rest In Peace, the souls of all gingers united in one, forever to be gone from the exact time of death until the end of the world.
Quote by Lord_Doku
Rest In Peace, the souls of all gingers united in one, forever to be gone from the exact time of death until the end of the world.

Amen
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
A girl on my Facebook posted the same thing as her status then another girl said "imagine when they say that for rev.." I'm like these chicks do nothing but talk about a7x allllllll the time. One even has the bat tattoo on her
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
A girl on my Facebook posted the same thing as her status then another girl said "imagine when they say that for rev.." I'm like these chicks do nothing but talk about a7x allllllll the time. One even has the bat tattoo on her

But the rev was an awesome bassist.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
But the rev was an awesome bassist.
The best bassist Anthrax ever had.

RIP Metallica
Well, that won't happen while those other ones are still alive...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 27, 2011,
Quote by Wolfinator-x
The best bassist Anthrax ever had.

Jake E Lee was decent too.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Jake E Lee was decent too.
That's an understatement. He was great. Best didgeridoo player EVER.

Ever wonder how Cliff feels looking down on Metallica now? I wonder what the extent of his disappointment is. Or if he didn't die would Metallica still be a thrash metal band instead of total shit? Sadly we'll never know.

OT : RIP Bob Marley
This space has been intentionally left blank.
RIP Randy Rhoads, Jim Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin, Bob Marley, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Jesus, Axl's Career, Futurama, Joey/Johnny/Dee Dee Ramone, Dime.

I think I'm forgetting someone else. He played bass for that one metal band. Oh yeah. RIP Audie Pitre.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Sep 27, 2011,
R.I.P. Cliff. Won't be forgotten.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
RIP anyone born before 1892.

Quote by MaddMann274
R.I.P Metallica

R.I.P thread
Fixed.

OH WAIT---

Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 27, 2011,
Metallica died with Cliff. Cliffs spirit was with them for a few years and then went to heaven. Then Metallica killed themselves with the black album.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Quote by thrashdeth
Metallica died with Cliff. Cliffs spirit was with them for a few years and then went to heaven. Then Metallica killed themselves with the black album.

bla bla bla

i like all their albums
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Page 1 of 2