Just wondering if anyone uses this, although i suspect its my equipment, i cant seem to get the right ooomph.

What guitars and effects you use?
How do you work things once recorded into Audacity?
What kind of results you get at end?
Audacity doesnt give out much bass naturally, so try cranking the bass knob on your amp when recording and/or edit the track when its recorded the effects....
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
i just run toneport gx and record over a simple drum beat ive made up,its very easy to add tracks and record the basics,also great because u can save as mp3,there is alot better stuff to record on but i find audacity is easiest and quickest option for me.
Quote by Ri_
Just wondering if anyone uses this, although i suspect its my equipment, i cant seem to get the right ooomph.

What guitars and effects you use?
How do you work things once recorded into Audacity?
What kind of results you get at end?

Well, Audacity is a really basic program, but it is possible to get a decent tone out of it.
However the only reason I use Audacity is because I can't afford anything else.

I use a Jackson RR3 guitar with a Zoom G2.1u (I use the pedal as an interface)
I just record them, play around with the EQ and stuff.
The end result: well, it's ok. Just not great or anything.

^^ Not to advertise or anything, but my MP3's were recorded using Audacity. Check them out if you want (It's on my UG profile). << No advertisement intended.

Hope This Helped,
Quote by Lee Makky
Audacity doesnt give out much bass naturally, so try cranking the bass knob on your amp when recording and/or edit the track when its recorded the effects....

Audacity doesn't have a sound type - it's a recording program - it inputs what the microphone and interface gives it. The bad rap it gets is because its functionality is easily outgrown.

The secret to great guitar tones;

1) A bass guitar.
2) Panning that shit properly - 2 rhythm tracks 100% left and right people, use that width.
3) A good amp (don't even bother if solid state), nice speakers and some relatively good microphones.

If you have all three of these then its not hard, you don't even have to EQ or compress guitar tones if you have them right to begin with.
Owen - Sound Engineer - Mixing & Editing Available, PM for details.
Audacity is junk, uninstall that program off your computer and never use it again.

Download Reaper and use it for free for as long as you want, and bask in the glory of a DAW that is actually useful.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Audacity is junk, uninstall that program off your computer and never use it again.

Download Reaper and use it for free for as long as you want, and bask in the glory of a DAW that is actually useful.

And consider buying it for those measly 60$ that it costs if you actually like it and use it regularly. They're not working for free over there you know.