I understand how trite personal freedom, shame and rejection and limiting beliefs are. I just can't push myself into breaking the barrier.

eg Ashamed to go for a walk outside because I feel everyone around judging me.
Ashamed to speak my mind to other people because my ideals are too "weird" for most.
You get the picture

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
Easier said than done indeed.
done
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
It's honestly a pretty easy concept, no more than a conscious decision. Be ten feet tall and bulletproof. Don't give a shit about anything basically. Indifference and confidence are two important yet overlooked qualities
Damage yourself by falling off the shelf, it may not make you free but it'll most likely result in your price being lowered.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

People who are paranoid about people judging them all the time are ugly.

Just saying.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by ingames
Or implanted with the idea from infancy.

Just saying.

If that's the case, then you've had a troubled childhood.

Damn Uncle eh?

Quote by padgea7x
People who are paranoid about people judging them all the time are ugly.

Just saying.
I miss when you were edgier and more offensive/hilarious.

OP: When I am in a situation when I am worried about messing up/being judged, I just think "eh, **** it." and do it. It rarely fails me, and things often go better than expected.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
I miss when you were edgier and more offensive/hilarious.

Don't be so silly. I was never any of those things.

Quote by ingames
Actually, no. I've had a quiet, uneventful childhood.
It's just the "don't do this, don't do that, it's a shame, let me do it for you cause you're unable to do anything."

...and you remember this stuff because?

Quote by padgea7x
...and you remember this stuff because?

Because there's no other stuff instilled in me so much as these? Beats me buddy. All I know is I'm stuck in my own mind.

I've tried to detach myself from reality to cope with some stuff. But no matter how much I push, and my mind KNOWS it's all social conditioning, something inside me pulls me back always.
Quote by ingames
Because there's no other stuff instilled in me so much as these? Beats me buddy. All I know is I'm stuck in my own mind.

I've tried to detach myself from reality to cope with some stuff. But no matter how much I push, and my mind KNOWS it's all social conditioning, something inside me pulls me back always.

See a psychiatrist or something.

The only true comfort you have on this planet is your contentment with yourself. As long as you are content with yourself, it doesn't matter, nor should you give a rat's ass, about what anyone else thinks of you.

Courage, Confidence, Humility. Exercise the three and the world will unfold as it should.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by ingames
I've considered it, but..

"What will my parents think of me?"

..get it?

Don't tell them.

Get it?

Quote by darkstar2466
The only true comfort you have on this planet is your contentment with yourself. As long as you are content with yourself, it doesn't matter, nor should you give a rat's ass, about what anyone else thinks of you.

Courage, Confidence, Humility. Exercise the three and the world will unfold as it should.

Do you know any mental exercises for this? Or hypnotizing, listening to people talking through headphones in the dead of night?

+...My dad won't let me drive his car alone. He's always with me. Whatever I do, they know. "All seeing eye."
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Walk to the nearest shop or whatever, keep your head up and meet the eyes and nod hello to at least one person on that walk. Everything after that comes easy.

Erm, what?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Erm, what?

I was a more than awkward teenager. I wouldn't open up, thought something was wrong with me. Once I kicked myself a bit and walked around with my head high, all the other stuff came easier after that. Admittedly I only partially read the OP, but I think the advice is sound.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Walk to the nearest shop or whatever, keep your head up and meet the eyes and nod hello to at least one person on that walk. Everything after that comes easy.

If you did that around here you'd get beaten up for being queer.
Cost less than 1 cent.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was a more than awkward teenager. I wouldn't open up, thought something was wrong with me. Once I kicked myself a bit and walked around with my head high, all the other stuff came easier after that. Admittedly I only partially read the OP, but I think the advice is sound.

It is, but not something I don't already know. I just need the push that will make me move.