So I got an offer to trade my new (used) bass that I bought for 320 USD for a TRACE ELLIOT 2x10 300watt combo amp. I freaking love Trace Elliot so I said yes to the guy, and hes including 100 bucks.

The amp is a CXC SOLO series 2x10 300 watt.

The bass is a Fender Jazz 24 (made in Korea) 4 string.

Good deal? I plan to sell my current amp and cab and pair that with the 100 bucks to buy another bass and 1X15 cab, or maybe just another bass if I can find a good deal on a really high end one.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Not Trace.... Eden. Still a good brand but meh. :/ What do you guys think?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Sep 27, 2011,
FRICK.
I just realized... It's an EDEN amp, not Trace.

WTF is all this about Spaz?
Yes. I realize I'm not Spaz. :P
Is Eden really that much better than Trace?
Jump on this one, not Spaz.
modes are a social construct
Heh. I really haven't ever had the chance to play an Eden. But I was looking for a combo like this just last week so maybe this is a freak incident. Hrm.

Maybe one of you would be so kind as to enlighten me to this sudden revelation that I am, in fact, not Spaz. Goest, you should. As captain, I am your Superior.
True, but Delirium started it.

And as future Pit President, he should bone up on his speeches and addresses.
Hang on. Is this an Eden Metro? Jump on it right now. Those are very good and very expensive.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I say trade

Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Play it and turn it up check the features, looks like a deal, but let rabid know first he might give you his soul for that 24
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Spaz (the forum member) is notorious for selling on new gear approximately 25 minutes before picking it up from the seller. You're selling new stuff already, but your are not Spaz.

I see.

I thought it was either this, or that there was some kind of malfunction that put Spaz's name down at the bottom of the thread title link.

And no, Nutter, it's the one Killerfridge posted. :/

EDIT: goest, Im really enjoying your concept album thinger. Is that all you?

SUPEREDITRANTTHING:

OKAY
So this is reallllyyyy starting to bug me. I've been trying to research this combo all night long, but there's no freaking info on it. It's not the cxc210c4 solo series combo like Killerfridge posted, nor is it the newer model. Its ACTUAL name, as far as I can dig up, is the cxc300 combo. Eden, however, has NO info on this combo WHATSOEVER. Even the info printed on the actual item is misleading. It states that it is a hybrid tube amp, however there is no tube in the amp anywhere. Tons of online sources are mixing up this amp, the cxc210c4 combo, and the newer combo. I cant seem to get any reliable info on this particular combo. It has a 2000 manufacture date. Help me, please.
Last edited by c3powil at Sep 28, 2011,
Here are pics of the front and back of the combo. As you can clearly see, the front looks as if its the cxc210c4 solo series (Killerfridg's Image), but there is also some words on the front of this combo that don't appear on the 210c4.
And on the back of the combo it lists the 4 ohm wattage at 300, not 400.
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

The closest thing I've found yet is this thread.
http://www.eden-electronics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14420&whichpage=2

It appears to be a wt-300 head with the preamp replaced with the SS Metro's, which explains why it says "hybrid" on the front. They must have forgotten to take that off. The speakers are the original, pre-redesign, with a coaxial top speaker. The 4 ohm wattage is, in fact, 300 watts, running 180 at 8, or without an extension cab.
But other than that whole mixup, I'm seeing some rave reviews. I've seen several accounts of people saying that the sound is akin to the Metro, yet they prefer the sound of the cxc300. How 'bout them apples, Nutter?
You have there an older CXC-300, which is quite sought after, mainly because the later ones aren't as tweakable, and the cones on the older version are better.

I googled CXC-300, and the first result was the CXC-400/300 manual from 1999.

Edit: and it indeed isn't a WT-300 head. There are differences, like the valve in the WT-300, from what I gather.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You have there an older CXC-300, which is quite sought after, mainly because the later ones aren't as tweakable, and the cones on the older version are better.

I googled CXC-300, and the first result was the CXC-400/300 manual from 1999.

See my many, many edits.

Highly sought after ehh......

Ill auction it for millions as soon as I get it home!

Edit, In response to your edit:
This is just so confusing.... Dx
Looks very nice. I've got a WT-400, and I love how that sounds. Apparently this sounds similar, so I'd say go for it!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
So, I think the hard facts show that the real specs for this amp are 180 watts at 8 ohms and 300 watts at 4. To get the power I need for the post rock trio that I'm currently in, Ill need that full 300. This begs the question. What cab to choose?
I could just keep the 4x10 I already have, but someting about powering a group of 4x10s the same as a group of 2x10 makes me second guess that.
so it's 180 watts without the cab? add 8 ohms aka 2 16 ohm cabs or an 8 and it's 4 at 300?

6x10 is nice and punchy, Of course I use 15's so I'd say a nice fat 15 under that 2x10 would be a nice, standard choice.
Quote by askrere
so it's 180 watts without the cab? add 8 ohms aka 2 16 ohm cabs or an 8 and it's 4 at 300?

6x10 is nice and punchy, Of course I use 15's so I'd say a nice fat 15 under that 2x10 would be a nice, standard choice.

Normally, Id go for a 6x10 setup and keep the 4x10 cab I have, but the thing is there would be 150 watts coming out of the top two speakers and 150 coming out of the bottom four. That seems way too imbalanced to sound proper. But maybe Im wrong. Thoughts?
The outs should be wired in parallel, so that would be 300W for each cab.
Quote by Hail
The outs should be wired in parallel, so that would be 300W for each cab.

Umm, no, I believe that would be 150 watts for each cab. And even so, that would still mean that the 2x10 cab would be getting twice the wattage as the 4x10.
Wouldn't that sound weird?
Quote by c3powil
Umm, no, I believe that would be 150 watts for each cab. And even so, that would still mean that the 2x10 cab would be getting twice the wattage as the 4x10.
Wouldn't that sound weird?

parallel, not series.

and each speaker would be getting twice as many watts, yes. you're forgetting the factor of the 4x10 moving twice as much air as the 2x10.
Quote by Hail
parallel, not series.

and each speaker would be getting twice as many watts, yes. you're forgetting the factor of the 4x10 moving twice as much air as the 2x10.

So you're saying that since the 4x10 moves twice as much air it will counterbalance? Interesting. I just may try this thing out.