Hi,

Would appreciate some advice on how to learn to do alternate picking,galloping. I am trying to do Death Regurgigated guts and they hit the open E string 24 times in a row in the song really quick. I mean it's like a machine gun when they do it.

What are your techniques. I am a beginner i am still learning how to move my hand as a block for changing chords like moving all my fingers at the same time so the chord change is not apparent.

I will check on ebay if there is a video tutorial somewhere on galloping,alternate picking. I know my grammar is not that good but it's because English is not my mother tongue.
Google Sarod Picking by Pebber Brown, will get you picking in less time than most guys doing it in other ways for years.
Quote by TheEelsAnkle
If you want to pick faster, watch the first 3 minutes or so of this video, it helped me drastically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpJNUGHxC3M

Good Luck!

He always make me laugh.
Quote by Slashiepie
Google Sarod Picking by Pebber Brown, will get you picking in less time than most guys doing it in other ways for years.

I cant stand Pepper Brown's video's.

I dont recommend sarod picking at all, especially for the gallop as it wont work out to well palm muted, and can sound quite sloppy.

Just go for strict alternate picking. The Paul Gilbert stuff will help.
Sylosis - Teras.

Practice very slowly and then build up. Try to stop your hand from tensing up too much.
Top lel.
Quote by jkielq91
I cant stand Pepper Brown's video's.

I dont recommend sarod picking at all, especially for the gallop as it wont work out to well palm muted, and can sound quite sloppy.

Just go for strict alternate picking. The Paul Gilbert stuff will help.

I cant stand Yngwies swedish accent, but im not watching his videos to hear him talk..
I suggest he tries both and decides for himself, only problem with the Gilbert stuff is that its directed towards advanced players... dont know how a beginner will interpret it..
Practice the technique slowly using DDU. Focus on creating good tone with the pick. Play it 4 times over, then move on to the next string until you've covered all 6 strings. Start high and go to low, and vice versa.

No need to to fret if you don't want. This is a picking hand exercise, not a fretting hand one.

Moving across the strings will get you use to the forearm having to move whilst picking from the wrist. It's all very subtle.

Like I said, tone and accuracy first, speed last.
Quote by Slashiepie
I cant stand Yngwies swedish accent, but im not watching his videos to hear him talk..
I suggest he tries both and decides for himself, only problem with the Gilbert stuff is that its directed towards advanced players... dont know how a beginner will interpret it..

The fact that he annoys me is not the reason why I don't recommend it. The sarod technique is not very common. Sarod picking is more like a constant picking to, s it is pretty much just shaking your wrist to pick fast, so may be hard to gallop with. But, that is just a guess as I do not do sarod picking.
Take the Wasted Years intro, and play it at varying but steady speeds. Try to get it up to about 3 or more times faster than the original
Not exactly a frequent poster.
Just checked the tab of the song you mentioned. It's fast, but not hard. Just keep practicing, remember to start slow (you should play it as cleanly as possible) and then build up speed later. It's just basic tremolo picking.
Quote by Poglia
It's just basic tremolo picking.

That could be a little misleading for the TS, since tremolo picking is strict alternate picking. A gallop is quite the opposite.
Try builiding up your gallop alt picking on songs that highlight it such as Iron Maiden - The Trooper. Great example of gallop. Not overly difficult and you can start off slow and bring it up to speed over time as you master it.
I don't see any better solution then simply using a metronome and starting very slow.

Time and patience will solve the deal.

Don't forget the relaxation factor .

You can just do some exercises. Do 16 notes on each string