There isn't just one word to describe Lulu, Metallica and Lou Reed's groundbreaking new album. For what I listened to the other night could not compare to anything else I've ever heard. So bold, so beautiful I thought to myself. I had comfortably wrapped myself with my favorite childhood quilt. There has never been a more perfect tribute to Frank Wedekind’s inspirational work until now. I have found new joy in Metallica and Lou Reed, and The View now seems to me a perfect miracle of cooperation and talent; it is absolutely contemporary piece of music that will remain contemporary forever. The View is, as rhythm alone, more subtle than any music composed in my own century. It is pure music, it grips the heart with warmth empathy. Lou Reed’s singing is as divine and timeless as ever; the drums bring me to my knees. Lars has never produced work this emotional. No musical work in the last decade has filled me with such anticipation.
i'm sorry but nearly everyone agrees that it was complete bullshit. Alone they are good, the combination was absolute disgrace to metal.
Quote by omidmash
i'm sorry but nearly everyone agrees that it was complete bullshit. Alone they are good, the combination was absolute disgrace to metal.

yeah that word bullshit describes it perfectly thanks
I am rarely closed minded enough to let one track put me off a whole album. This is an instance of when I am.

Is this thread even in the right forum?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Nice try Lars, nice try. You're not fooling anyone with this post Lars it was a terrible song from an album i imagine is going to be equally terrible. Lulu a.k.a St.Anger II ft. Lou Reed. Actually no that is too kind, i can listen to St.Anger without wanting to rip my ears off
Last edited by Necrotise at Sep 27, 2011,
Quote by omidmash

OP sounded just a little bit sarcastic to me?
Quote by krizzlybaer
yeah that word bullshit describes it perfectly thanks

garbage was the first word that came to my mind. It was one of the first songs I couldn't find a redeeming quality in...

this thread should be interesting.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I cannot believe the ignorance of the replies to my thread. It is obvious none of you have ever truly learned to listen with more than you ears. You need to open your mind, your heart, and your soul to experience the full aura of this music.
He's trollin' right? I laughed hard at "the rhythm alone" for the fact that I listened for a couple minutes and there seems to be only one irritating riff in the song. Like nails, being pounded into your ears, one by one, until it just bleeds whatever tolerance you had for the song.
I came here expecting some good laughs. They were delivered
I don't have a signature
Quote by Divino_Gulpa
I cannot believe the ignorance of the replies to my thread. It is obvious none of you have ever truly learned to listen with more than you ears. You need to open your mind, your heart, and your soul to experience the full aura of this music.

Hear, hear!
This album is a true masterpiece of modern music, as fresh and groundbreaking as anything released today. Is this not true i ask you? Music has takne an entirely new direction. Second rate metallica demos with a delusional pensioner talking over the top of them? Truly magnificent, who wouldve expected in the year 2011 we would have the privilege to listen to such unique music!

But yeh seriously stop trolling we all know its shit
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Troll is trolling down troll avenue on the trollie.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I haven't liked much Metallica since AJFA...the Black Album didn't do much for me...and Load/ReLoad just seemed to made for the mainstream instead of metalheads. St Anger was horrible, but some Death Magnetic was ok, I probably won't even bother listening to Lulu.
Are YOU serious? Weak? Out of tune? What are you talking about? You must have a terrible time listening to music if you can't appreciate this performance. You must not be able to understand or feel any music at all if you can't glean in some small way a bit of passion and power from this. Open your ears and your heart simultaneously and then you may find that there is a world of exquisite beauty out there in the form of sound that you once condescendingly dejected and belittled.
Quote by griffin888
I haven't liked much Metallica since AJFA...the Black Album didn't do much for me...and Load/ReLoad just seemed to made for the mainstream instead of metalheads. St Anger was horrible, but some Death Magnetic was ok, I probably won't even bother listening to Lulu.

I'm not even going to go into how retarded this statement is for the most part. Suggesting that a band makes music for the people who listen to it is just about as asinine and oblivious as anyone can get.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I'm not even going to go into how retarded this statement is for the most part. Suggesting that a band makes music for the people who listen to it is just about as asinine and oblivious as anyone can get.

+1
You know, I didn't reallly hate Load/Reload or St. Anger. Sure they weren't like the older albums, but I don't think that's what they were going for.

It'll be interesting to see just how Lulu is received by the non musician audience out there. It's going to be one of those things that people really love or really hate.