Page 1 of 2
If you had the money and time to learn it? An instrument you currently have no experience on, just one you have always wanted to learn to play.

For me I think it would be cello. I knew a cellist a couple years back and I loved listening to her play. Something about the timbre, I love how they sound. I also think it would be cool to learn how to play an instrument outside of Western music, something like traditional Oriental or Middle Eastern instruments.

So pit, how about you?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
all of them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Probably cello.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by theogonia777
all of them.

None more than any other?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
piano for sure
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Voice lessons, definitely. I've been meaning to do that for over a year now, and I'm going to make it happen soon (most likely...).

If it has to be an actual instrument, I don't know. Definitely something outside of typical western instruments though.
going to try out a sitar this weekend
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by palm mute
None more than any other?

not really. i have at least some level of competency on the instruments i'd most like to learn, so out of all the ones i don't know at all, there isn't really anything specific. i might have a short period of time where i might listen to a lot of Mongolian music and think "hey, it would be cool to learn morin khuur" or i might listen to a lot of Indian music and think "hey, it would be cool to learn esraj," but these tend to be passing things really. i'm just interested in learning a large number of different instruments just because there are so many great instruments and styles of music out there to learn. but i've at least started to learn all the instruments that i really wanted to learn, such as banjo, steel guitar, didgeridoo, synth, violin, etc.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Taking jazz guitar and piano lessons right now, so if money were no object and I had the time, I'm thinking it'd be banjo. Love the sound of a good banjo.
Saxophone. i don't play one because entry level saxophones are pretty expensive compared to guitars and really a lot more money than i'm willing to fork out for something i might never end up actually having the patience to learn how to play properly.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I've never really been interested in any sort of percussion, but I've decided it would either be the vibraphone as well as random exotic sounding drums.

A stringed instrument such as a cello or violin would be amazing.

I think bass and organ would be cool as well, but I already play incredibly similar instruments and I don't think it would be that hard for me to learn.
A full sized organ of my very own. That would be metal.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
hm....let me see....Drums....I have always had pretty decent rhythm....I just dont have a drum kit or access to one.....
I haz gotten gud
The descant horn. Those things are awesome. I have been wanting to try out a sitar, too.
▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■
Sitar/hammond organ (or just keyboards in general, I guess)
Tell me who's that writin'...
i would have to go with cello, or the trombone. i'm in the school band (percussion), and i've always loved the sound of a good trombone. that, or trumpet (though i know kind of how to play) or sitar.
Everyday things change..

Basically they stay the same.
I have basic level experience on piano, but I'd really really like to be able to play it well. Like, concert hall well, not just cover songs at a party well.

That and viola, which I have never even held.
Quote by slipknot5678
Voice lessons, definitely. I've been meaning to do that for over a year now, and I'm going to make it happen soon (most likely...).

If it has to be an actual instrument, I don't know. Definitely something outside of typical western instruments though.

A good didgeridoo player can teach you to be a master in maybe an hour. The internet in maybe two. Plus they cost like $100. You have no excuse not to play it.

And piano probably. I can play it a little, but I want to get really good at it.
A Bouzouki. My parents almost brought me back one from Greece, but I was at the end of their trip and they couldn't afford it so I got a mini one. Still pretty cool.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by theogonia777
not really. i have at least some level of competency on the instruments i'd most like to learn, so out of all the ones i don't know at all, there isn't really anything specific. i might have a short period of time where i might listen to a lot of Mongolian music and think "hey, it would be cool to learn morin khuur" or i might listen to a lot of Indian music and think "hey, it would be cool to learn esraj," but these tend to be passing things really. i'm just interested in learning a large number of different instruments just because there are so many great instruments and styles of music out there to learn. but i've at least started to learn all the instruments that i really wanted to learn, such as banjo, steel guitar, didgeridoo, synth, violin, etc.

Oh cool That's awesome that you were able to learn the ones you wanted, I like the diversity of your choices as well.

I am interested in learning different instruments and have been for some time, but I find that any money I would have for them always ends up in my guitar
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by genghisgandhi
A good didgeridoo player can teach you to be a master in maybe an hour. The internet in maybe two. Plus they cost like $100. You have no excuse not to play it.

And piano probably. I can play it a little, but I want to get really good at it.

Well, I have thought about learning. I just never got around to it because I thought it would get old fast and then I'd play once a month or something.

But I guess I don't have an excuse. We'll see.
Cello would be cool. Bass would be helpful too, I've always wanted to play guitar through a bass amp.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Piano for sure.
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Page 1 of 2