Page 1 of 2
...And you guys hit it off great. You love talking to her, you're yourself around her, she makes you feel good about yourself, and you just feel like you're always waiting until the next time you see her. You really like her in other words.

How would you respond if you started noticing some immoral behavior or bad beliefs? Lets say she's a racist, or maybe she cheats a lot in school or does unethical things at work?

What kind of beliefs would you mind? What kind would you shrug off?

I remember a while back I dated a girl I practically fell in love with. She shoplifted a lot. Not just little things like grocery items or cheap make-up. Like clothes, jeans, etc. I was so crazy about her I didn't give a flying fuck about it.

Beliefs I'm pretty flexible with, unless they're just awful like white supremacy or something (in which case she probably wouldn't date me in the first place). I'm not religious in any sense of the word, but I don't mind girls with religious beliefs. In fact, I might get some shit for saying this, but I've preferred the religious girls I've known over the atheist girls I've known.
Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 27, 2011,
I dumped someone recently who seemed otherwise nice because they turned out to be a racist. I've got no time for that.
I'm flexible with most beliefs as well, and I don't think of anybody as an inherently bad person, but there are certain things that would make me lose respect for people and not want to be around them any more, such as racism, or jingoism, or has no problem assaulting people, etc. I know that it's kind of pathetic.
No racism. dealbreaker
religion wise, she can be Christian, atheist, Jewish, w/e. As long as her beliefs don't attempt to step on someone else's
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
as long as her unethical behavior doesnt hurt other peopl ei dont really care

i count rascism as hurting other people
Last edited by supersac at Sep 27, 2011,
I was into this chick a lot a while back until she was like:

"Omg I saw a towel head the other day, I was so scared"

I stopped talking to her. Ignorance is a deal breaker.
I don't think I could date someone overtly prejudiced. Sexist, racist, what-have-you. Being excessively religious (and/or pushy about it) is also a pretty big negative for me.

Beyond that I'm pretty flexible about it.
Religious/orphan/nazi grandfather who she loves/ cruel to animals = dealbreakers
Quote by The Madcap
In fact, I might get some shit for saying this, but I've preferred the religious girls I've known over the atheist girls I've known.

To be honest, I kind of agree. There are a lot of girls that fit the arrogant Mormon stereotype that I don't like, but most casually religious girls I have gotten along with better.

But I don't think it has anything to do with religion; it's just coincidence. And I'm only aware of maybe 12 atheists that I know IRL.
Quote by burghUK
Religious/orphan/nazi grandfather who she loves/ cruel to animals = dealbreakers

Many white people have racist grandparents, whom most of them love. Loving your family has nothing to do with personality.
you're a stone fox
IMO, there will always be things people dislike about his or her significant other. It's more about how much I'm willing to deal compared to what it actually is they believe/do, to an extent, of course. If I'm with someone, like I am now, that I'm compatible with, there are obviously enough things I like about her, enough things we have in common, and enough things we agree on; all of which make the few things I don't like about her manageable. That's just me, though.
I'd probably try to ignore/marginalize/rationalize his/her racism in pursuit of eliminating any cognitive dissonance. Then I'd come to my senses and bid him/her adieu.
I would tell her that she would have to stop a lot of the unethical stuff if I was to stay with her, and if she's a real racist, **** her and the KKK hooded horse she rode in on.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I don't care about girls, I want to know how to interact with LARPers. I told them I sold "pears and pear accessories" but they didn't get it...
Being totally honest, I would probably stop things from going any further. I mean, if somebody dresses odd, does some odd little things, not a big deal. I can change the way I dress, I can shave my beard if I have one, I can cut my hair, but you can't change my qualities just like I can't change another persons.
I wouldn't date a girl who wasn't Christian. I'm a conservative Christian but do/enjoy a lot of stuff conservatives frown upon, so idk if I'll find a girl that's alright with that.

EDIT: If I found out a girlfriend was doing that stuff, I'd try to get her to stop, would have to end it if she didn't change.
sunbather is shit
Quote by MakinLattes
I don't care about girls, I want to know how to interact with LARPers. I told them I sold "pears and pear accessories" but they didn't get it...

LARPers as in 'live action role players'? Those people are absolutely crazy. I've actually done that a few times before but never considered myself a LARPer...

I knew one guy who always talked with a fake old enlish accent and was 22 and didn't have a license so his mom drove him everywhere. He used a cane he didn't need ALL THE TIME and had to shop online to get ruffle collar and sleeve peasant style shirts.
I don't like religious girls, because I'm not religious and it's obvious, and expressed, with what I listen to and what I wear. I don't have time for girls that are overly sexualized or do drugs. I won't tolerate a racist. I also won't tolerate a typical annoying girl. In other words, my girl is perfect.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by katalyzt13
LARPers as in 'live action role players'? Those people are absolutely crazy. I've actually done that a few times before but never considered myself a LARPer...

I knew one guy who always talked with a fake old enlish accent and was 22 and didn't have a license so his mom drove him everywhere. He used a cane he didn't need ALL THE TIME and had to shop online to get ruffle collar and sleeve peasant style shirts.

...They all have the same major as me so I'm going to have the same classes with them for two years.

Are you saying I sat at the melvin table?
Quote by due 07
I'd probably try to ignore/marginalize/rationalize his/her racism in pursuit of eliminating any cognitive dissonance. Then I'd come to my senses and bid him/her adieu.

I should've known.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I don't really kick it well with Christian chicks, because they always end up wanting me to go to church with them or their family and I'm just not ****ing interested in doing that. I mean, I lost my virginity in a church, I could care less.

I kind of like edgy girls, ones that bite back when you do stuff that pisses them off. I do the same. Attitude is always just hot. Not really digging someone who's racist, but I do dig impulsive behavior to an extent.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Im a card carrying KKK member and i date african american chicks all the time i see nothing wrong with that
I'm very racist so I wouldn't care about that.

I'm actually not that racist.

Just fob arrogance pisses me off sometimes.
Quote by AlteredMaggot18
Im a card carrying KKK member and i date african american chicks all the time i see nothing wrong with that

Do you look like this perhaps?
you're a stone fox
I don't really know how I'd react. I suppose it depends on what the behavior or beliefs are. If it was something I could 'fix' then I'd probably stay with her, but if it's just overt racism or something then I'd say my goodbyes.
Check out my band Disturbed
The girl I'm with at the moment isn't religious, but we've hit a middle ground. The thing I love is that she's like all the modern chicks, but still has traditional values which I find incredibly important for some reason.

Her immaturity annoys the hell out of me sometimes but then I think to myself "No point in changing her, she's the woman I fell in love with".

I couldn't deal with racists or most atheists or the overly religious, I don't have time for pushy people telling me whether I'm logical or not or whether I'm going to hell or not.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Vypor
I don't really kick it well with Christian chicks, because they always end up wanting me to go to church with them or their family and I'm just not ****ing interested in doing that. I mean, I lost my virginity in a church, I could care less.

I kind of like edgy girls, ones that bite back when you do stuff that pisses them off. I do the same. Attitude is always just hot. Not really digging someone who's racist, but I do dig impulsive behavior to an extent.

You really ARE a LB fan, aren't you?

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by Avedas

Just fob arrogance pisses me off sometimes.

i'm pretty sure that you are allowed to be arrogant if you've got a pocket watch.

i'd have some serious issues dating a girl that was a member of the religious right. that is a bad behavior, yeah?
any huge prejudice would get me. also very religious girls annoy me. or ones that are obsessed with their own atheism. ones that think drugs are morally bad and ones that get drunk every weekend at least.

but other than that, it's a case by case really.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by MakinLattes
...They all have the same major as me so I'm going to have the same classes with them for two years.

Are you saying I sat at the melvin table?

I just hope you escape with your sanity. They are either emotionally unstable, delusional, trying to act like they're the normal one in their group when they actually have some really weird relationship/parent issues or else they are actually psychopathic but are using LARPing to play out the stuff they haven't got the guts to do in real life yet.

Maybe 2% of them are fairly normal sane humans.
Someone who agrees with me on everything.

Quote by uhh_me?
i'm pretty sure that you are allowed to be arrogant if you've got a pocket watch.

"Excuse me sir, what time is it?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, hon hon hon"
Page 1 of 2