Hey there everyone

In times of need and/or doubt, i always turn to this forum's wisdom for guidance, so this time is no different :P

The intention of this topic: to get some opinions on the gear i've been looking into, maybe a couple suggestions too (you probably won't dissuade me from buying an Ibanez, but i have an open mind )

I'm considering getting new gear, because i feel my current gear has fulfilled its intention of being an introdutory "setup".

I currently have an Ibanez RGA32 and a Line6 Micro Spider amp. They have been pretty cool for the past 2 years or something, but now i feel i should invest some money in higher quality stuff.

I've looked into the following:

- Ibanez RG870QMZ

- Bugera V55 Combo amp

My intentions are to keep, of course, practicing at home and also playing with my band, which would include ocasional gigs (hence the V55 instead of a V22, am i thinking correctly? ).

For budget i think i'll be able to come up with around €1,100 ($1500) for both items.

The genres i play are just the common "everything" really, i want smooth clean tones and cool high gain tones. I think the "heavier" stuff i listen to is Entwine ( ) and Alter Bridge ( ).

I'm considering either ordering online or ordering at the local shop, dont think the "Closest city" topic is important in this case (im from Portugal).

Thanks in advance guys,

Cheers
I wanted a Bugera amp pretty badly when I was looking for the same qualifications as you, however after trying one I was not all that impressed. I ended up getting a B52 AT-112, which I've been in love with ever since. I believe it's supposed to be geared towards high gain playing, however I find that I enjoy its clean tone way more than most "good clean" amps I play through and it's overdrive channel is fantastic for heavier genres of music.

As far as the guitar goes, I have no idea about it. I'd say definitely try it out, but also maybe try out some PRS' (SE series for your price range probably?) and the like. I would never settle on one specific brand/guitar when wanting to buy a new one before trying a bunch out.
+1 on PRS SE guitars.
Also try LTD, other Ibanez's, Fender... hell! Maybe you find a guitar that suits you very comfortably and it's not from a very commercial manufacturer.

About the amp, try an Egnater Renegade or Rebel, very versatile all tube amp with nice tone.

TRY EVERYTHING YOU CAN AND YOU LIKE, even if it's a bit over your budget.
try jackson guitars even their lower end play great they can do anything from blues to death metal
Jackson DKMG/DKMGT
LTD EC400/1000 as with other shapes on that series and how much abalone you want
Ibanez - i really have minimal experience with ibanez, as i have probably only played a dozon or so and just bought my first ibanez pristege 3550 MZ, and have been very happy with it overall.
there are a few gibsons in your potetnial range especially if used.
PRS SE - farily consistant for a reasonable price.

as far as amp goes, i second the renegade as being versatile and overall a good sounding amp. i had one for a few months.

a lot of people on here swear by Jet City, i owned a 2112RC and a JCA50H, and wasn't really impressed. get out there and play what you can.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The RG series guitars that i have played have had kinda crappy necks and im not sure if all RGs do but its just something ive noticed.
Quote by rjaylaf
The RG series guitars that i have played have had kinda crappy necks and im not sure if all RGs do but its just something ive noticed.

most RG necks are pretty thin, that turns some people away. its kind of funny i go from a Gibson 1950's neck to a RG neck back and fourth several times in a set.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think the PRS SE is a great choice for you since you have a Ibby RGA. It'll give you a nice change and you can find them for really cheap sometimes.

If I were you I'd just keep the RGA32 and then buy the new EVH 5150 III 50 watt head with 212 cab. Awesome cleans and brootz. If you really want a new guitar then check out the PRS SE, LTD MH and H, and Schecter C-1 series. There's a good amount of difference between those guitars and you'll get a better idea of what you want by playing them all.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
I think the PRS SE is a great choice for you since you have a Ibby RGA. It'll give you a nice change and you can find them for really cheap sometimes.

If I were you I'd just keep the RGA32 and then buy the new EVH 5150 III 50 watt head with 212 cab. Awesome cleans and brootz. If you really want a new guitar then check out the PRS SE, LTD MH and H, and Schecter C-1 series. There's a good amount of difference between those guitars and you'll get a better idea of what you want by playing them all.

+1 nice recommendations.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
most RG necks are pretty thin, that turns some people away. its kind of funny i go from a Gibson 1950's neck to a RG neck back and fourth several times in a set.

ya but they just felt funny... i dont know... its not that i dont like thin necks ive got a jackson dk2m and its pretty thin. and i love that thing.
2011 is the first year of premium making hence there is a lack of info.
I can say for the same price of a premium u can get a 1570 prestige (considered as a great guitar) but it wont look cool as the premium.
Quote by KDC
2011 is the first year of premium making hence there is a lack of info.
I can say for the same price of a premium u can get a 1570 prestige (considered as a great guitar) but it wont look cool as the premium.

Prestige>Premium
I saw a premium the other day at my local store and It doesn't look that great, plus the prestige is better build. I say get the prestige! Great guitar!
the problem with that, Perverockstar69, is that Price(Prestige) > Price(Premium) as well :P

i've been looking at a couple other guitars, a few PRS SE's, they look cool too.

a few other ideas:

- the Ibanez RGA72-TQM (afraid it wont get me a change from my current guitar, although, on the other hand, it might be easier to adapt to)

- Ibanez S770-FM (dunno how the different body will affect my playing)

my big problem is that where i live, theres not many stores around, so its hard to find almost anything other than GRGs or Squier's to try out.. So i kinda have to go "in the dark" (mind the bad english :P)

PS: i do love Ibanez as you can guess :P
theres an ibanez premium at my local L&M. doesnt look that nice IMO, and the prestiges are probably better
Hey again guys, saw this amp recently while browsing through some websites:

Bugera 333-212

What i liked about it, comparing to the V55: it has 2 speakers, 2 more power amp valves (good?), separate EQ-bands for different channels, 1 more channel (clean, crunch, lead), and its about the same price.

I saw the sticky about Guitar gear and amps, and the author said anything above 50 or 55 watts for all-valve amps was a bad thing.. The 333-212 has 120 watts, while the V55 has 55watts.

Your opinions please

And a little bump as well for my last question about the different Ibanez models :P