Hi, I have an Ibanez RGT42FM i bought used from a GC. It has an Edge II bridge, which stays in tune surprisingly well. I'm having a hard time making it flutter though. I heard that edge tremelos don't flutter very well, but i've seen a few people make them flutter like a Floyd. Any idea what might be wrong with mine? I have the technique down and I've done it a number of times on other guitars with a FR special or original trem and it's worked great. My tremelo bar is nice and tight, and I've got my bridge set up perfectly parallel to the body with an even amount of tension. Every time I slide my hand off the tremelo arm it just dips down and then right back to zero. It sound's like it's going to flutter, but then just dies out. Any ideas on how i can fix this, or if I even can with the bridge? Thanks!
Not sure, I have an Edge Pro, and it doesn't work for me either. I have a feeling the bridge needs to be re-set up. Maybe this could be the case for you too?
Maybe add an extra spring in the back, or heavy dutier springs so they want to pull the trem back harder.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
i'd have thought an extra spring would make it worse, not better.

fwiw that can sometimes happen with the lesser locking trems... flutter's not so great. Though if DZ is saying he gets flutter, maybe a better setup would help. It wouldn't hurt, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd have thought an extra spring would make it worse, not better.

fwiw that can sometimes happen with the lesser locking trems... flutter's not so great. Though if DZ is saying he gets flutter, maybe a better setup would help. It wouldn't hurt, anyway.

Yeah, an extra spring will just make the flutter effect smaller. You want to have the trem loose.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
try wrapping some teflon on the insert part of the whammy bar. it'll make the bar tighter and easier to maneuver and detail with the bar.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by Flibo
Yeah, an extra spring will just make the flutter effect smaller. You want to have the trem loose.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?