Oh, how we’ve grown up so fast! It seems like only yesterday we were stocking up the pantry in Kurt Cobain’s dressing room with Kraft macaroni, preparing for the very first BIG DAY OUT. But here we are, twenty years later. And what a journey it’s been!

In 1993, Iggy Pop wanted to be our dog. In 1995, the Offspring told us to “come out and play”, before returning in 1997, proving just how difficult it was to keep us separated. 2000 was the year that three Californian punks left us all questioning our age, while in 2001, one band had us seeing red, while another had us hearing Yellow. We ignored the Prodigy’s advice on how to treat women in 2002, and paid the utmost attention to Dave Grohl as he taught as how to fly in 2003. 2004 was the year we learnt that One show in Sydney wasn’t quite enough – a lesson we were reminded of in 2010, when Matt Bellamy sang for absolution in front of 300 thousand fans nationwide.

But rest assured, we’re not done just yet. The 20th year of BIG DAY OUT is shaping up to be our biggest yet! With three amazing headliners, plus an array of some of the most talked-about acts of the year, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better way to spend your summer than with us at BIG DAY OUT 2012.

Full ticket details are below, and stay tuned for a huge second announcement of acts in the near future.

So, without further ado, here is OUR line-up for BIG DAY OUT 2012

PRINCE
ARCADE FIRE
SYSTEM OF A DOWN

plus

THE LIVING END
KASABIAN
FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
THE TEMPER TRAP
APHEX TWIN
CEE LO GREEN
CUT COPY
PJ HARVEY
THE GRATES
ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL
GOTYE
BIFFY CLYRO
FOSTER THE PEOPLE
WIZ KHALIFA
BOY AND BEAR
THE JEZABELS
GIRL TALK
for realz niggaz?
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Quote by KTFM
I reallly really really want that to be real....

So do I but I thought they weren't announcing the initial lineup until tomorrow?
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Were getting Bifffy Clyro I'd go just for them
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Quote by KTFM
They're not. And 3 headliners are being announced on Friday...

That's a tad annoying. Oh well, apparently Kasabian are already locked in, that's enough for me to go again next year
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
If it's true, I'll be amongst many white boys at Odd Future.

Cause, you know, swag.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
As someone with memorabilia from roughly every BDO, despite only going to 5 of them, I can happily say I wouldn't have a problem with this lineup.
However, as long as System of A Down, Jebediah and Frenzal Rhomb go, I'm happy.

And if Aphex Twin was there, I'd probably masturbate in the boiler room for the second time.
No The Mars Volta=meh. They're always fantastic at BDO.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by soulflyV
Goddamn, Big Day Out just gets more hipster/triple j-flavour-of-the-month every year.

I would love to see SOAD for once, but I'm not shelling out a small fortune for the whole day just to see them.

This, there's maybe 3 or 4 bands there I really wanna see. But Machine Head are playing Soundwave, so Soundwave automatically wins my obsecene amount of money.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
only 2 band on that list that ive heard of, SOAD and Living End, apart form that its all shit, big day out keeps gettin worse and worse every year

Quote by MH400
what a shitty sounding festival

agreed, the only good ones was 2004 (i think) when they had metallica and fear factory play, now its all this modern pop/indie crap
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Quote by grohlcobain1994

PRINCE
ARCADE FIRE
SYSTEM OF A DOWN

plus

THE LIVING END
KASABIAN
FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
THE TEMPER TRAP
APHEX TWIN
CEE LO GREEN
CUT COPY
PJ HARVEY
THE GRATES
ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL
GOTYE
BIFFY CLYRO
FOSTER THE PEOPLE
WIZ KHALIFA
BOY AND BEAR
THE JEZABELS
GIRL TALK

I'd like to see bolded but not for the price of a ticket.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Doesn't sound that great to me, the only artists there I enjoy (that I am aware of) are SOAD and Cee Lo Green. But I'm not Australian so
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Weaponized
PRINCE
KASABIAN
APHEX TWIN
BIFFY CLYRO
FOSTER THE PEOPLE
GIRL TALK

That seems to justify it.

Girl Talk was so worth it when he played last year.
It's fake. It doesn't come out till tomorrow

Edit: though I wouldn't mind that Opeth rumour being true though
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by Artema
It's fake. It doesn't come out till tomorrow

True, plus there's the new clue from the Big Day Out that the headliner's don't start with a 'P'. Along with the no 'R' clue yesterday, it knocks out the biggest contenders; Prince, Pearl Jam and Radiohead.

Quote by SOADisdabest
I'd probably go just for Aphex Twin, where did you hear about this lineup though?

Apparently it's been posted on music forums as the 'most legit leak yet'.