I'll make this easy. Looking to spend around 900 (maybe a little more.) Leaning towards the Orange but since this is here its obviously not a definite. Any suggestion will be considered. Thanks in advance.

I play rock/indie in the vein of Brighter Brightest, Brighten, The Maine, Petty, the Boss, The Almost, Adams, City & Colour, William Fitzsimmons etc. Cleans would be nice but they arent a deal breaker. I've had my boss acoustic simulator for a while now and I've dialed that thing in pretty well.

Would prefer to buy new but if its a sick deal I wont be afraid to jump on something used.

I'd be using it for both home playing, gigs, and recording. Not concerned about cranking it becuase I just turned a closet into an iso room.

I live about a half hour from Providence, RI and about 45 minutes from Boston.

I currently have a homemade tele with a GFS rail in the bridge and a SD neck pickup (dont remember what model but it works amazingly with the AC2) and a Vox AC30. If I do get a head it'll be played through a homemade 212 cab with Celestion g12's.

EDIT : Should have mentioned this before but I dont have anything against my Vox. In fact I love that thing. I just want to have something thats new and different but can still get the job done.
Last edited by wearysaints at Sep 27, 2011,
I would imagine you vox should be able to do all the tones you are looking for at least as well as the DT. What don't you like about the Vox?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
My bad man, I just edited my original post so I dont confuse anyone else but I love my Vox hah. I'm not trying to replace it or anything I just wanna add to my rig and try something a little different that can still get me to where I wanna be tonally.
Are you in the US? You might check out a Budda Superdrive 18.

Fender Supersonic might be a good idea as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i really like my DT. you will never get a good clean out of it, but its mild dirt is amazing, the fat channel allows it to get pretty heavey when the gain is high. i was a little turned off prior to buying it that it didn't have a three band EQ, but the single tone knob does everything a EQ would need to do 90% of the time. its fun to boost up front, especially with fuzz.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like Budda and I'm into the superdrive amps but the cheapest superdrive 18 I can find is almost 1300 bucks. Same deal with the Fender. Just a too far out of the price range I wanna stick to.

@trashed, yeah I'm not too concerned with the lack of amazing cleans since I have the Boss. It would have been a plus but like I said, no biggie. Now that tone knob, am I right in assuming that say I have it set at 12 o'clock it'd be dialed in like a regular 3 band eq that had its 3 knobs dialed in all at 12 o'clock? and then if I turned it to say 2 it'd be a little more on the trebly side?
Check guitarcenter.com 's used section and type in 'Budda'. There's a Superdrive 30 for $999.00.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yeah I saw that right after I typed my last response and honestly that seems like a sick deal especially since I've never seen a 30 for that cheap.
Quote by wearysaints
I like Budda and I'm into the superdrive amps but the cheapest superdrive 18 I can find is almost 1300 bucks. Same deal with the Fender. Just a too far out of the price range I wanna stick to.

@trashed, yeah I'm not too concerned with the lack of amazing cleans since I have the Boss. It would have been a plus but like I said, no biggie. Now that tone knob, am I right in assuming that say I have it set at 12 o'clock it'd be dialed in like a regular 3 band eq that had its 3 knobs dialed in all at 12 o'clock? and then if I turned it to say 2 it'd be a little more on the trebly side?

its basically tonally balanced at noon. 2 o'clock makes it a little bit brighter while also adding a little bit of the higher mids (hz), and 10 o'clock is a little darker, but it certainly is not a bad dark. the tone controls do the similar thing for each channel. i actually think i prefer the single tone knob to quite a few amps i have had in the past two or three band.

the nice thing about the single tone knob is you plug your guitar in and play and tweak and go. i run the tone a little bit differently for different results as well as different cabinets and speakers. i run either Celestion EVH's or V30's.

but its nice to just plug in turn one knob and get it to sound good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/