Page 1 of 4
Not sure if anyone here has heard about the Occupy Wall Street Protest, but similar protests are happening all around the nation and I hope the police don't treat them like this. Try to stand up to corruption and this is what happens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9Dx0x9h4A&feature=share

For more information on the cause:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJFrgNoCYi4&feature=youtu.be

All the protests is peaceful any acts of violence are seen as undesirable and have no place in these protests.

edit: Additional links posted in thread:

dubedit: I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I don't think 9/11 was organized by the government or that they killed JFK and Tupac, but I do that the way our economy is right now, things won't get better unless those in charge start to act on controversial issues no politician would normally touch because it could cost them re-election.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Oct 28, 2011,
Saw this, was displeased. I don't even know what to do in reaction to that
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
There is always a reason to beat peaceful protesters. It's hilarious
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by dubstar92
Not sure if anyone here has heard about the Occupy Wall Street Protest, but here is some news I found oddly overlooked by any mainstream media coverage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9Dx0x9h4A&feature=share

For more information on the cause:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJFrgNoCYi4&feature=youtu.be

All the protests is peaceful any acts of violence are seen as undesirable and have no place in these protests.

Wtf are they doing there?

I cba to listen to that shitty anonymous video.

And it looked like the woman who got dragged was doing something to incite the police dude who grabbed her.

She didn't get beat though.

misleading youtube video is misleading. I was expecting people to be beat.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Wtf are they doing there?

I cba to listen to that shitty anonymous video.

And it looked like the woman who got dragged was doing something to incite the police dude who grabbed her.

She didn't get beat though.

misleading youtube video is misleading. I was expecting people to be beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moD2JnGTToA
grok it.

SKREAM!

I read this on MSNBC, so it's not really all that much of a conspiracy. Does show how ridiculous our country is though.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by dubstar92

I saw that one.

I was just saying.

That first vid didn't show anyone getting beat.

What's the difference between the police people who are wearing white and the ones in black?

It seems the ones in white are the ones who's doing most of it.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by bastards
I read this on MSNBC, so it's not really all that much of a conspiracy. Does show how ridiculous our country is though.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. Wage disparagement in the U.S. and the entire world is almost sickening. As taxpayers money is used to be put in stimulus packages, student tuition fees, and student loan interest rates continue to increase. Because of globalization and America having the largest economy the rest of the world now can only be financially stable if America is, meanwhile factory jobs are being outsourced to Asia for cheap labor meaning less jobs and less money for American consumers, causing cyclical unemployment.
Quote by Zeletros
I was trolling

I've spent to much time away from the interwebz I forget it's serious business.
Quote by Momentosis
I saw that one.

I was just saying.

That first vid didn't show anyone getting beat.

What's the difference between the police people who are wearing white and the ones in black?

It seems the ones in white are the ones who's doing most of it.

I don't know rank I guess, and the biggest highlights are the lady getting dragged under the fence and the guy waving the American flag getting taken out pretty hard for absolutely no reason.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Last edited by dubstar92 at Sep 28, 2011,
Police wearing White shirts are Sergeants, police wearing Blue (not black) are regular officers. Believe me, NYC just graduated its largest police academy class ever... they can't all be decent.
NYY _______________________________________________ NYG
I'm not sure what I hate more, capitalism or activists
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by GrungeBeatle
I'm not sure what I hate more, capitalism or activists

Don't hate capitalists, it is the best system we've come up with so far, hate people that abuse capitalism.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Damn.

1)Get baked
2)Watch video
3)Paranoia

**** you TS
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by dubstar92
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. Wage disparagement in the U.S. and the entire world is almost sickening. As taxpayers money is used to be put in stimulus packages, student tuition fees, and student loan interest rates continue to increase. Because of globalization and America having the largest economy the rest of the world now can only be financially stable if America is, meanwhile factory jobs are being outsourced to Asia for cheap labor meaning less jobs and less money for American consumers, causing cyclical unemployment.

I know, and please, spare the long monologue for someone who doesn't understand what's happening in the economy. But nobody wants this on the front page of the news, that's how it works.

But considering how much money goes in and out of Wall Street, it doesn't help when people are jumping in front of investors cars. They're what got our country high up, but also what got us here in the first place... Slowing down Wall Street just makes things a discombobulated mess for the investors. They've lost enough of our money, and it's the same green that's making these idiot protestors do it in the first place (protest). There's no good outcome of this.

Now the police brutality is another issue. The Government could easily use twitter or some obvious bullshit to try and ease the protest out. Given the potential for abuse is abundant and expected, it doesn't need to happen. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, y'know.

But I also don't expect New Yorkers to understand what wall street does.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by dubstar92
Don't hate capitalists, it is the best system we've come up with so far, hate people that abuse capitalism.

As much as I do not like the system, it is the one that by far the only system that actually manages to work.

But yeah, it becomes corrupt when people start abusing it for their own profits.
Quote by bastards
I know, and please, spare the long monologue for someone who doesn't understand what's happening in the economy. But nobody wants this on the front page of the news, that's how it works.

But considering how much money goes in and out of Wall Street, it doesn't help when people are jumping in front of investors cars. They're what got our country high up, but also what got us here in the first place... Slowing down Wall Street just makes things a discombobulated mess for the investors. They've lost enough of our money, and it's the same green that's making these idiot protestors do it in the first place (protest). There's no good outcome of this.

Now the police brutality is another issue. The Government could easily use twitter or some obvious bullshit to try and ease the protest out. Given the potential for abuse is abundant and expected, it doesn't need to happen. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, y'know.

But I also don't expect New Yorkers to understand what wall street does.

I see where you are coming from and I have to realize the fact that because of the those on wall street we have tons of jobs, but at the same time with corporations having the ability to donate to political campaigns in causes, it is hard for an individual to have any chance at any sort of power if they have views that oppose those in with the money.
Quote by Lulzcifer
was expecting alot worse

the title is misleading

I'll have a cop tackle you hard to the ground, then shove his knee in the back of your head while he forces your arms behind your back for the same reason as that guy holding the American flag.
grok it.

SKREAM!

It's a Human greed issue, and unfortunately a Utopia doesn't exist, so who knows what'll come from this.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
That lady taking the video is annoying as fuck
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by bastards
It's a Human greed issue, and unfortunately a Utopia doesn't exist, so who knows what'll come from this.

I know

the caffeine can get me all
grok it.

SKREAM!

In the macing video you can see a cop in white come up, mace them, and then stomp away.
I feel like that crowd was doing most everything they could to provoke the police, aside from not cooperating with anything they were asked to do.

Don't have much sympathy.
Quote by blake1221
I feel like that crowd was doing most everything they could to provoke the police, aside from not cooperating with anything they were asked to do.

Don't have much sympathy.

The streets weren't flooded with protesters for no reason, even if they were acting peacefully that doesn't mean they aren't angry and don't have a reason to feel that way. The police saw that anger and from what I saw the police returned that anger with unprovoked violence.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by Zeletros
As much as I do not like the system, it is the one that by far the only system that actually manages to work.

But yeah, it becomes corrupt when people start abusing it for their own profits.

...so it's always corrupt then, as capitalism is pretty much the quest for profit.
Quote by dubstar92

I'll have a cop tackle you hard to the ground, then shove his knee in the back of your head while he forces your arms behind your back for the same reason as that guy holding the American flag.

will you?you're a really good person right?

ha
i feel some of those protesters wanted to piss the cops off without repercussions
Quote by gabcd86
...so it's always corrupt then, as capitalism is pretty much the quest for profit.

No it's not that it's that, capitalism creates wage disparagement, and with a lot of other factors playing on that, the middle class is being squeezed out of America. Why do you think the US had to bail out American automakers and has tariffs on import vehicles so high? We need the jobs here. Capitalism does work but it is the political system that let's those with the most money have the loudest voice because they can afford large donations to campaigns, and essentially Put the politician in their pocket. Because the UN is useless, America can do whatever they want and people in other countries are getting mad at how we put American corporation friendly dictators in power and flying planes into our buildings.

Quote by Lulzcifer
will you?you're a really good person right?

ha

You think this is no big deal but honestly I see a lot of pissed off people, and some even angrier policemen which is never good seeing as ex-chief of police are good at finding their way into political positions. This isn't the only place an occupy has happened, another will be held this weekend in LA.
grok it.

SKREAM!

I didn't see a girl get dragged. How many minutes in?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
I didn't see a girl get dragged. How many minutes in?

I think like 3:30 shes a bit manly, gets dragged under the orange fence.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by dubstar92

You think this is no big deal but honestly I see a lot of pissed off people, and some even angrier policemen which is never good seeing as ex-chief of police are good at finding their way into political positions. This isn't the only place an occupy has happened, another will be held this weekend in LA.

i think the global situation is a very big deal.i just think this clip is misleading.we can't see a whole lot in it but i do notice some people blatantly trying to piss the cops off at the same time.the only thing you can assume is that i'm not surprised.it is a big deal what's happening in many ways.
Last edited by Lulzcifer at Sep 28, 2011,
Capitalism's a good system if it's regulated properly. It's the business's job to make money, it's the government's job to make sure businesses can make money while at the same time not grinding up kittens and poor people to make soup.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by Lulzcifer
i think the global situation is a very big deal.i just think this clip is misleading.we can't see a whole lot in it but i do notice some people blatantly trying to piss the cops off at the same time.the only thing you can assume is that i'm not surprised.it is a big deal what's happening in many ways.

Ahh easy troll is easy to spot been a while since I interwebbed I forget the game. This clip isn't misleading, that isn't normally what police do to non-violent citizens. I consider all the tackling, knees to the back of the head, being thrown to the ground, and even arrested for reasons beyond us as a big deal.

Quote by iwannabesedated
Capitalism's a good system if it's regulated properly. It's the business's job to make money, it's the government's job to make sure they can make money while at the same time not grinding up kittens and poor people to make soup.

Exactly, the economic system isn't broken I can't blame them for wanting to be filthy rich I honestly have the same capitalist dreams, it's why I attend college and have a part-time job, I hope to make more money in the future. But I want to be playing as non-crooked of a game as possible. It's the political system that's broken, and that is what needs to be fixed.
grok it.

SKREAM!

i'm not trolling.if you have been treated like shit by police this just isn't surprising at all.i can't help thinking these police are extremely cautious of a riot breaking out also.probly making an example of people.is it wrong?yes it is.at the same time the camera is shaky and moving all over the place.the only time we see someone taken down for no reason is the guy with the flag and we don't know if he had said anything to provoke it.don't get me wrong i'm all for a peaceful protest.
This is a fail protest with no clear message and extremely poor organization. They should be beaten for their NYU hipster fail.
The Occupy Wall Street movement is a continuation of the spirit of the 15M movement in Spain, and I think it is a very clear message. Poor organisation, natch, it's a spontaneous, grassroots movement, not some Nuremburg rally.
Quote by dubstar92
Ahh easy troll is easy to spot been a while since I interwebbed I forget the game. This clip isn't misleading, that isn't normally what police do to non-violent citizens. I consider all the tackling, knees to the back of the head, being thrown to the ground, and even arrested for reasons beyond us as a big deal.

Exactly, the economic system isn't broken I can't blame them for wanting to be filthy rich I honestly have the same capitalist dreams, it's why I attend college and have a part-time job, I hope to make more money in the future. But I want to be playing as non-crooked of a game as possible. It's the political system that's broken, and that is what needs to be fixed.

If by political system you mean that it is corporate-owned...then yes the political system.
Quote by Lulzcifer
i'm not trolling.if you have been treated like shit by police this just isn't surprising at all.i can't help thinking these police are extremely cautious of a riot breaking out also.probly making an example of people.is it wrong?yes it is.at the same time the camera is shaky and moving all over the place.the only time we see someone taken down for no reason is the guy with the flag and we don't know if he had said anything to provoke it.don't get me wrong i'm all for a peaceful protest.

Dude honestly it is an amateur video shot by some annoying lady running around she was probably breathing pretty heavy, there isn't very much you can say to a cop in that type of situation that they can arrest you for. I've seen Cops, seen how they treat drug addicts, people that try to run away or do whatever else crazy even when the camera's are rolling, but these people were asserting first amendment rights, I only saw one violent protester who got crazy when the American flag waver got taken down, but that honestly is not the kind of people that should be involved in this type of protest, and he got what he deserved, but most of the others were over the top without doubt and is ridiculous, most of the stuff that lady says about pensions and protecting Wall street is true, it just seemed like the police weren't sure how to respond to all of it.

Quote by Xiaoxi
This is a fail protest with no clear message and extremely poor organization. They should be beaten for their NYU hipster fail.

It has already happened again in Fullerton, CA and in Florida.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Page 1 of 4