Have you ever ordered a guitar that was out of stock? If so, how long did it take to get to you?

About the beginning of August I ordered a guitar that was out of stock, which I thought "No big deal, I can wait I guess". Here it is pretty much the beginning of October and I have had no word from the place, when I call them they're aren't being much help, and giving me little to no information.

In your opinions, what should I do?
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
****in hassle the shit out of them until you get it

did you already pay? if so i would be pretty pissed if i were you
Mine took around a 3 months after I ordered it, but i've heard of some people waiting like 6-7 months.
I once ordered a guitar case from Jackson that took a whole year, give or take a month. I think the story was that they had recently contracted the construction of the cases to a new company and there was a huge backlog to make up. Unfortunately my Kelly wouldn't fit into anything else.

If you want a guitar pretty soon, I'd suggest getting a different one or finding a different place that sells them (if that's even possible.) Of course, if you've already paid that's a different story. I'd probably ask for a refund though if they're not communicating with you.
why did u order an out of stock guitar ? if i were you i would go for another shop/site when ordering.

anyway, u can't do anything at the moment except waiting and calling them again n again.
Quote by Darkflame
I ordered a Gibson Tribute 60s goldtop LP on march 3rd and I received it in late august...

Where did OP and you order from? I know that the 60's Tribute just had an insanely overwhelming demand and Gibson couldn't keep up with it.
yeah, but mine went out of stock 15 minutes after I ordered it, according to GC's website
I ordered it at the end of June, I didn't receive til the time I made my NGD thread a week ago.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I did once, by accident. Had to wait until the end of the month for the delivery to the warehouse before they could ship it to me. Was about 20 days from order to receiving.
not a guitar, but an amp.

Put it like this, I'm not ordering something which is out of stock again.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My order took about a year to come. This was when I ordered from Long and Mcquade, a chain music store in Canada. Worst customer service I have ever experienced too btw.

After 6 months of waiting though I decided to go some place else and buy. It turns out Long and Mcquade had the guitar I wanted at another location the whole time.

Anyways a year later I go to the store I originally ordered from and finally see the guitar I ordered on display.

Personally I would go some place else, or order online at a site that has it in stock.
Just get it from another seller. Otherwise it could take a long, looong time.
Not exactly a frequent poster.
i waited 5 or so months waiting on a tweaker

i am currently at month two for just the tremolo bar for my ibby, as the one they gave me was the wrong color (black v. black chrome).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I ordered my Ibanez acoustic bass when out of stock and I had it in 3 days with 2 day shipping

business days, rather. I ordered it on a thursday
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by hn.dlvalentez
****in hassle the shit out of them until you get it

did you already pay? if so i would be pretty pissed if i were you

I haven't been charged yet, as they said "We'll charge you when you get the guitar". They've stayed true to their word on that so far. Other than that, their customer service sucks, and honestly, if it is this bad, I don't think I'll ever go back to them.

So, should I cancel it?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
cancel the order and get a different guitar
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Why would you order something that's out of stock? That's just dumb. You can buy brand new guitars from online vendors on ebay, if no big sites have the guitar you want.

If there aren't any new on ebay, then what is there to say? A guitar that isn't produced anymore isn't produced anymore. Find one used in good condition. You'll save a ton of money that way too.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
most websites will tell you if a product is in stock on the product page. i don't bother with those that don't for obvious reasons..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Okay, I am about to cancel the order now, after giving it a little more time. I still haven't heard anything.

Would any of you be willing to give the following a proof read for me?

I ordered an LTD EC-1000 STBC Left handed from you back on August 8th, 2011. When I ordered it, I was told it would be about a week before I got it, I waited a week and nothing, I called and was given no information. I waited another week and called, was again given no information. I waited another week, and still no information. I got no word of it at all during the month of September, and here it is October 9th, 2011 and I haven't heard a single thing.

I am canceling this order.

Thank you.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Last edited by lefthandedkid at Oct 9, 2011,
Personally I'd add a little more "F*** you" to that, but otherwise it's fine
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
"I ordered an LTD EC-1000 STBC Left-handed from you back on August 8th, 2011. When I ordered it, I was told it would be about a week before I got it. However, I waited a week and nothing happened. I called and was given no information. I waited another week and called, and I was again given no information. I waited another week, and still no information. I got no word of it heard nothing at all from you during the month of September, and here it is it's now October 9th, 2011 and I haven't heard a single thing.

I am canceling this order. ("I wish to cancel this order" may be better here... not sure.)

Thank you. "

possible changes in bold... up to you, of course. there's nothing with what you've written. And it's your call whether to use mine or not... i certainly don't guarantee that my method of writing will meet any more success than yours will (maybe less ).

Good luck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 9, 2011,
Definitely call them up, inquire about a delivery date, and if you get nowhere you should demand to speak with their supervisor. Be polite though- don't make it sound like you're mad with the sales-rep because that won't help your cause.

When you speak with a supervisor or someone higher up on the chain, explain your story and ask them what they can do for you. If you were given an approximate waiting time back when you ordered the guitar, tell them.

If the conversation goes towards cancelling the order for something else, push a discount.
yep, definitely be polite.

EDIT: ^ i disagree with your last sentence, though- you're entitled by law to cancel your order. Don't let them talk you into something else if you just want the order to be cancelled.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's really hard getting left handed guitars.

make sure you talk to a manager before
you cancel.

see if you are really close to getting it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
that's a good point, jenny, i didn't think of that
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I mean I've waited a few months before.

just depends, did you need the guitar
right away? can you find it anywhere else?

can they give you answers?

I would def check into it more
unless you've lost interest in that one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

The owner of the store e-mailed me in response, apologizing for the inconvenience and inquired if I'd be interested in getting a discount for it instead, but he also mention that if he didn't hear back from me by Monday, he would personally see to it that my order was cancelled. He inquired as to what his employee's said and wanted to know if they gave me an ETA for anything. I'm tempted to not respond, call it rude of what have you.

I've found another guitar that I am more interested in playing. Which I am excited to get and am now waiting for
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
be polite and respond, even if it is just to say you would like to confirm the cancellation.

i have had a similar situation myself. a guitar i ordered was out of stock, with the note saying they would have some in the next week. took nine months to get the guitar, but if its a guitar you want then it might be worth the wait.
^+1

and ts im glad they responded and you found a guitar you like..
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah i mean you might as well respond. you never know, next time you might be dealing with them and they might remember you.

also glad you found a guitar you like.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Granted I should respond, and I've contemplated it, I figure it would be more polite of me not to respond in a fluster and just let it go. If I ever do business with them again, it'll definitely be something not as major as a guitar. I also found out information that I wasn't given at all either. ESP had to make the guitar apparently, which apparently it would be here in two weeks oh well, don't care anymore.

According to Musicians Friend and UPS, I'll have my new guitar as early as Wednesday!
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
oh yeah i mean when i say "respond", i mean politely

And good luck with the guitar
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I figured that is what you meant, I was just clarifying
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?