Page 1 of 4
want to quit?
you clicked into this thread because you smoke too right?
ever felt like quiting?
ever seen a person with a hole in their throat?
ever had a family member die from cigarette smoking?

i dont know if this will work...everyone who is game, chip in 5 e-dollars.
this is for you smokers. we will pool our e-dollars and whomever manages to quit smoking completely, gets the e-dollars. get it?

we will hold meetings every week or month or day (whatever we all decide) to check in and see how all the contestants are doing. we will use the honor system in keeping track of who has smoked and who hasn't.

those who aren't ready to quit need not apply.

i myself am a smoker and in my line of work i see lots of old people with oxygen tanks or a bad cough, or some stage of emphysema. my grand father died of pneumonia as a result of smoking cigarettes.
i dont want it to have to come to that.

i will do my best to keep track of the pool, and the contestants.

the entry will be open for two weeks. Wednesday, the 12th of October the contest entry will be closed.

We will stop smoking on the 12th of October. those contestants that enter, have until then...

POOL

LIST
Harvey Swick
smb
cptcomet
smokeysteve22
Moggan13
Caleb B
Laird95
get ta led out
add_g
JackGuack

OUT
add_g
Harvey Swick
cptcomet
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Last edited by Harvey Swick at Oct 27, 2011,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Good thing I don't smoke, therefore do not have to quit..

Do I win by default?

nope.
you do not qualify. sorry.
you can watch and bet on it for free though...

Put me in for 5 e-GBP.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I should... but meh.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

How long do we have to stop smoking for before we are considered non smokers? I mean I hope we all quit forever.

Is it possible to completely kick the habit? I used to hate smoking with a passion now I can't resist the little buggers.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Put me in for £5.01 E-monies

How does the 'honor system' work? or you just saying be honest lol.

Edit, edit,edit :

Quote by Harvey Swick

We will stop smoking on the 12th of October. those contestants that enter, have until then...

You sure this going to be possible? Thats pretty close.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Sep 28, 2011,
yup, just be hinest, you dont have to lie because its up to you whether to enter or not. if you are ready to quit and serious about it, then there is no reason to lie. simple as that.

@cptcomet as to the finish date we will see, on how far it goes it may take six months to a year...i cant be sure.
its up to all of us contestants, as to how long it takes to quit and stay done.

Quote by smokeysteve22

Edit, edit,edit :

You sure this going to be possible? Thats pretty close.

do we want a month? we could call it a month for final entry and final smoking, how does that sound?

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by Harvey Swick
yup, just be hinest, you dont have to lie because its up to you whether to enter or not. if you are ready to quit and serious about it, then there is no reason to lie. simple as that.

do we want a month? we could call it a month for final entry and final smoking, how does that sound?

I thought you was going to send us all CIA tracking devices, breath testers etc. etc.........

Edit: i read that completely wrong, the original is fine. Do we get a 'fag diary'?
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Sep 28, 2011,
I used to smoke but havent had one in about a year now. Good luck to whoever gets involved with this
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Spoonman69
I used to smoke but havent had one in about a year now. Good luck to whoever gets involved with this

do you have an tips?

I quit all the time. I just love the little fuckers too much to leave them alone for too long.

Don't count me in, 'cause I gotta work this week and a wedding this weekend, and then lots of pages to write, and then beer to drink, and then the rest of my life ahead of me. I'm gonna need 'em.
Quote by halo43
I quit all the time. I just love the little fuckers too much to leave them alone for too long.

Don't count me in, 'cause I gotta work this week and a wedding this weekend, and then lots of pages to write, and then beer to drink, and then the rest of my life ahead of me. I'm gonna need 'em.

think about when you are still trying to live the rest of your life when you are dragging an oxygen tank. when you cant even walk 20 paces because you ARE TOO OUT OF BREATH. and when ah,.. sorry. nevermind.

Quote by Harvey Swick
do you have an tips?

Here's one: Every time you buy them, don't.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Harvey Swick
do you have an tips?

there you go
I'd say I would join but I wanna keep my e-pounds to buy some e-cigarettes
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
any more takers?

So I've got almost a week and a half, then I stop? Umm alright. I'll try. Do we have to make a video diary, or just a written blog about this or anything? That'd be cool.

yeah, count me in.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So I've got almost a week and a half, then I stop? Umm alright. I'll try. Do we have to make a video diary, or just a written blog about this or anything? That'd be cool.

yeah, count me in.

i really dont care. post a link to your vids, link to your blogs, otherwise just post here to keep track.
tell us your stories of being strong against the skinny little cancer-causing devils or tales of your shortcomings or just vent here. either way, let us know if you smoke or not, as often as you like.
i will be checking in here regularly to see if more contestants are available.

Alright cool, I'll probably end up being too lazy anyway and just post something like "Haven't smoked yet, want to destroy the world" in the thread.

Wait, does this include putting tobacco in joints?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Alright cool, I'll probably end up being too lazy anyway and just post something like "Haven't smoked yet, want to destroy the world" in the thread.

Wait, does this include putting tobacco in joints?

depends on the amount of tobacco. more than one-fifth tobacco mixed with any other substance is illegal.
smoking blunts is ok.

any other details i missed?

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Sep 29, 2011,
I was never really more than a social smoker, though I did start to smoke at one point, but I stopped smoking anymore than occasionally while drinking (though I haven't touched a cigarrette now in probably two and a half years) straight away because I didn't want it to hinder my running when I started running competitively for my school.

I'd imagine the best way to quit is to find something fulfilling and meaningful to you that you can replace the void with - some people find writing music, poetry, creating art or even some other hobby, are all they need to take their mind off the cravings and keep themselves going; and as the passion for the new hobby grows, the addiction to nicotine should (hopefully) wane.

Edit: P.S Good luck to anyone who tries to quit here, hope you manage it.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Sep 29, 2011,
thanks for the advice DisarmGoliath.
also if any non-smoker wants to place bets i will also keep track of the betting pool.
just trying to include everyone.

Quote by Harvey Swick
thanks for the advice DisarmGoliath.
also if any non-smoker wants to place bets i will also keep track of the betting pool.
just trying to include everyone.

No probs, and if I have to bet on someone I'll go for smokeysteve22, as my name is Steve and it would make be awesome if he had to request the mods for a name change to unsmokeysteve
Quote by DisarmGoliath
No probs, and if I have to bet on someone I'll go for smokeysteve22, as my name is Steve and it would make be awesome if he had to request the mods for a name change to unsmokeysteve

how much should i put you down for?

Quote by Harvey Swick
how much should i put you down for?

Well, I was only really doing it for the lolz so are you talking about real currency or just hypothetical 'chips' or 'e-cookies' etc. ?

If so, I think those of us not taking part, but betting on the competitors, should make up some odds for people first and have a separate, but related, official bet
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Well, I was only really doing it for the lolz so are you talking about real currency or just hypothetical 'chips' or 'e-cookies' etc. ?

If so, I think those of us not taking part, but betting on the competitors, should make up some odds for people first and have a separate, but related, official bet

sounds like you are on top of it.
yeah, hypothetical, e-money.

Here's my e-money, im in. I smoke about 5 a day and i want to get fit like i used to be 2 years ago when i barely smoked. Also, i get chest infections easily and smoking dont help.
I'd like to wish everyone lots of luck!

I can't quit completely but I'm currently cutting back down as I've had the worst summer of my life and have been really hitting the bottle, fags and non-prescription painkillers and it's costing me a fortune.
Quote by Afroboy267
Does Freebasing count?

we are only counting tobacco/nicotine. smokeless electronic cigarettes DO COUNT. nicotine is nicotine.

Quote by Harvey Swick
we are only counting tobacco/nicotine. smokeless electronic cigarettes DO COUNT. nicotine is nicotine.

I'll continue on and die then. Live with that guilt
Quote by Afroboy267
I'll continue on and die then. Live with that guilt

as will we all.

Quote by Moggan13
Here's my e-money, im in. I smoke about 5 a day and i want to get fit like i used to be 2 years ago when i barely smoked. Also, i get chest infections easily and smoking dont help.

5 cigs a day?

Okay that's cheating
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
5 cigs a day?

Okay that's cheating

thats about what i am down to. what about the rest of us contestants? post your average cigarette consumption...

Are you really a Chiclets salesman? I bet you're really a Chiclets salesman.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
5 cigs a day?

Okay that's cheating

I used to be on about 10 -15 a day over the summer, and when i was at FIB Festival in Spain in July i was smoking about 20 Marlboro Reds a day, because they were so cheap.

However, I did quit for 5 months this year and started again on my 21st birthday in May. I got a load of advice about quitting, which I'll post in the coming weeks
@moggan we appreciate the advice (and by we i mean me)

sorry no Chiclets here.

My step-father quit smoking,he said it was not easy but when he hit 40 he just said "I'm gonna quit smoking" and he did.To help him he was ALWAYS chewing gum (regular),sucking on a lollipop or eating sunflower seeds.He also said he knew he was over cigarettes when he realized the smoke coming off other people smoking started making him nauseous,although I don't know if that happens to everyone.
Quote by DisarmGoliath

If i quit, i will do that.
Page 1 of 4