So, my lead guitarist's Laney GH100L got fried at the last gig. I haven't yet come to a conclusive diagnosis, but from the outside everything looks fine. Powers on, valves heat up ok, but no sound!

Apparently there was a burning smell when the amp broke down, if that means anything?

Could it just be the valves finally gone? (they were quite old)
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
This is trippy as man my Laney GH100L did exactly the same thing at my last gig. It was a problem with the biasing of the tubes, so the tubes kept blowing (I assume because they were running too hot) when you put them in. I had exactly the same symptoms. It's unlikely to be electronics related, as you would still get some sound. Check the fuses too, because that's a really easy fix.

I have my Laney for sale now you wanna buy it?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Sep 28, 2011,
Don't know, I'd assume OT if it's a burning smell.

Cath needs to come to the rescue.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
^lol
my uncle's silverface twin reverb has the same problem
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence