i recently replace my guitar's string(i'm a beginner in guitars to say the least :P) , it's an epiphone nightfall (it's got an authentic floyd rose ..or it's supposed to be :P) and i get this problem(and only this) my high e string gives me a buzz on the 12th fret...and if u try to ignore the buzz..its the same sound as the 13th fret... did i do something wrong?:P
P.S. : i remember it giving a small buzz be4 too.. could it be that i used 9mm instead of 10mm as in i should have adjusted the springs?
Thanks in advance
The first step is pinpointing where that buzz is coming from.

if it's buzzing against the fretboard, then it's the action, in which case you'll need to raise that a hair-tad. If it's that top part of the guitar that the string rests on (name escapes me), then you either need to file it down use smaller gauge strings.
You should have to adjust the spring tension in the back cavity if you changed string gauges on an fr equipped guitar

In your case, you will have to slightly reduce the spring tension such that the bridge plate is parallel to the guitar body when it is in tune.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you may also have to adjust your truss rod if adjusting the action does not get rid of the fret buzz

Quote by mjones1992
that top part of the guitar that the string rests on (name escapes me)
The nut?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Last edited by Zainprox at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by Zainprox
You should have to adjust the spring tension in the back cavity if you changed string gauges on an fr equipped guitar

In your case, you will have to slightly reduce the spring tension such that the bridge plate is parallel to the guitar body when it is in tune.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you may also have to adjust your truss rod if adjusting the action does not get rid of the fret buzz

The nut?

Truss rod can be used to correct the action, but it must be used AFTER you have adjusted the action AND the strings still buzz.
Quote by Zainprox

In your case, you will have to slightly reduce the spring tension such that the bridge plate is parallel to the guitar body when it is in tune

yup, that did the trick, thanks ^^
No problem man... I'm glad i could help.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2