Page 1 of 2
Gamestation are a bunch of robbing bastards.

Trading games in with them is like getting forcably bummed then been forced to say thank you afterwards.

So theyre selling Halo Reach preowned for £20 so i thought i would part ex may copy for GoW3, thinking id get about £12 for it. Not a bad assumption really, considering 100% of profit game stores make is profit as they dont have to pay developer/producer/distrobutor/delivery costs.

You know what they gave me? £5. FIVE QUID!! At least give me half you shits!

Thats almost as bad as when Game gave me 50p for Prince of Persia on the 360. Id have rather used it as a coaster.

Who else feels ripped off by game stores?

TL:dr Gamestation have deep pockets and short arms

and yes, im mad bro
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Sep 28, 2011,
Got £9 for Black Ops...

We should boycott all large game stores. Just not trade in any games there.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by blue_strat
eBay

This.

or Amazon
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by blue_strat
eBay

Yeah, i know thats the smart choice.

Thing is, with eBay been so popular youd think game stores would offer people a better deal to encourage trade ins.

FIVE QUID!!
Quote by LivinJoke84

Trading games in with them is like getting forcably bummed then been forced to say thank you afterwards.

So theyre selling Halo Reach preowned for £20 so i thought i would part ex may copy for GoW3, thinking id get about £12 for it. Not a bad assumption really, considering 100% of profit game stores make is profit as they dont have to pay developer/producer/distrobutor/delivery costs.

Thats almost as bad as when Game gave me 50p for Prince of Persia on the 360. Id have rather used it as a coaster.

TLR Gamestation have deep pockets and short arms

and yes, im mad bro

Then don't sell to them. You get less because you are getting money upfront and not having to wait. It's a connivence.
Quote by Alex Vik
Sounds like gamestop. I handed in a stack of 5 or 6 games once and got $7 back.

I remember trading in an old game boy game and getting 10 cents.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Then don't sell to them. You get less because you are getting money upfront and not having to wait. It's a connivence.

Yeah, i appreciate that i would get less than if i cut out the middle man and sold on ebay but come on, be fair.

Asking for half of what their selling for isnt asking for much is it. 25% is taking the piss
A music shop once offered me £30 for my month old ZVex Fuzz Factory. I politely told them to **** off.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Yeah, i appreciate that i would get less than if i cut out the middle man and sold on ebay but come on, be fair.

Asking for half of what their selling for isnt asking for much is it. 25% is taking the piss

But you aren't selling on Ebay. So I don't see the issue. A company isn't going to give you 50% and lose 25% profit.
Quote by LivinJoke84
100% of profit game stores make is profit as they dont have to pay developer/producer/distrobutor/delivery costs.

This isn't correct. They still have to pay their staff wages, business tax, property rental, electricity, etc etc etc.

There are a lot of costs involved in running a business which need to be taken into account when complaining about something like this.

Either accept that you won't get as much as you'd hoped or take your chances on eBay.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
But you aren't selling on Ebay. So I don't see the issue. A company isn't going to give you 50% and lose 25% profit.

Im just saying they should give you something approaching a fair price in relation to their selling the game for.

By your logic they should just offer £1 for all the games in order to really maximise profits.

Im just having a bit of a moan and a winge to be honest
For £40 for Deus Ex, which is more than I paid for it. At Gamestation.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Also remember that when selling on eBay they take around 10% of the final value as their fee, then they also take about 5% of the total payment as a charge for using paypal....
EDIT - before anyone comes back with all the detailed stats, I know these are only approximate figures & it depends on item value etc.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Sep 28, 2011,
Seriously use ebay, you will get way way more. I checked with game what they would give me for Killzone 3, they said £4. I put it on ebay and got £20
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
I once traded in a used condom back to Tesco. They gave me no money and called the police.
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Nothing wrong with what they're doing. If people are stupid enough to get that trade-in price then fine.
Use eBay, you all. Game stores will obviously give a much smaller amount of money so they can make a larger profit from selling it (not sure if it works like that - game stores in Chile don't do that AFAIK ).
Professional lurker since 2009.
They always tell you how much they can give you for a game when you go to trade it in, so just tell them you'd rather take it elsewhere.
When AC Brotherhood came out it was £42 in my gamestation, so I took MW2, Fifa 10, Fear 2, and one of my 2 copies of Fallout 3 in to maximise money off. I got £15 for all of them. But I was there and then and I did it and got Brotherhood, but usually if I'm after money rather than just shifting old stuff...ebay.
I thought thís was gonna be about rape
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Drakathan
I thought thís was gonna be about rape

Would have been more entertaining
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
(Invalid img)
I was moving and traded in a crap load of PS2 games (I haven't touched them in years)
I got about $300
The guy said I have the trade in record now
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
(Invalid img)
I was moving and traded in a crap load of PS2 games (I haven't touched them in years)
I got about $300
The guy said I have the trade in record now

Jesus! Look at the length of that thing (you probably get that a lot). How many games did you trade in?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Jesus! Look at the length of that thing (you probably get that a lot). How many games did you trade in?

I had a slightly more zoomed pic and counted around 55 games! (all PS2 lol) I honestly was gonna trash them all
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
well here in australia new games cost anywhere from $90-$120

I went to go trade in black ops the other day and got $10 for it, what a joke...

They were also selling CoD 4, a what, 3 year old game for $80...

Bunch of mugs
I traded in about 25 games last year (mostly PS2 but there were a few PS3 in PERFECT condition) and I got about £20 for them all.......I saw a game on the receipt was 50p.

Fucking ridiculous.
Traded my gamecube to half priced books for $15. Came back a couple of days later and they were selling my gamecube for $35. What kind of shit is that?
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by LivinJoke84
so i thought i would part ex may copy for GoW3

...WHAT..?!

and yes, im mad bro

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Steve635z
Nothing wrong with what they're doing. If people are stupid enough to get that trade-in price then fine.

qft

Hell, i just replay games later anyway
Quote by angusfan16
Traded my gamecube to half priced books for $15. Came back a couple of days later and they were selling my gamecube for $35. What kind of shit is that?

Its called them making a profit, and you being a dumbass

Quote by Moullla
well here in australia new cost anywhere from $90-$120

I went to go trade in black ops the other day and got $10 for it, what a joke...

They were also selling CoD 4, a what, 3 year old game for $80...

Bunch of mugs

ahaha I would never dish out that much for any game.

new games are $60 here
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Sep 28, 2011,
Quote by LivinJoke84

TL:dr Gamestation have deep pockets and short arms

and yes, im mad bro

they wouldn't get 100% as they had bought the game off you. If they had given you £12 and sold for £20 they would have only had £8.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by DoGaLoG
they wouldn't get 100% as they had bought the game off you. If they had given you £12 and sold for £20 they would have only had £8.

yeah, some people are retarded and cant grasp that concept
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
yeah, some people are retarded and cant grasp that concept

And some people are retarded and cant grasp the concept of PROFIT i.e money made after the initial outlay, in this case £12
I don't trade in or buy from Gamestop anymore, I found a local store that's always cheaper on used games, and a guy I work with is roommates with the manager

Quote by Duffman123
Gamestop are ridiculously good for trade ins.

No.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by LivinJoke84
And some people are retarded and cant grasp the concept of PROFIT i.e money made after the initial outlay, in this case £12

Plus all the stuff I mentioned earlier like staff wages, business tax, property rental, electricity, etc etc etc.

Out of £20 the game was sold for, £12 was the initial outlay and I'd expect that at least 75% (if not more) of the remaining £8 goes towards those business expenses meaning that actually, only about £2 is actually profit.

Quit moaning about how much your games cost and learn about how things work in the real world.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Page 1 of 2