Page 1 of 2
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces nominations

The nominations for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012 have been released, and it’s an interesting list.
Ballots will be sent out to over 500 voters, who will choose the artists to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year.
The nominees are:
- Beastie Boys
- The Cure
- Donovan
- Eric B. & Rakim
- Guns 'N Roses
- Heart
- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
- Freddie King
- Laura Nyro
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rufus with Chaka Khan
- The Small Faces/The Faces
- The Spinners
- Donna Summer
- War

Who Gets Your Vote (if you had one)?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Nickelback.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Beastie Boys
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I'm gonna go with Rufus with Chaka Khan just because I like saying Chaka Khan.

Chaka Khan.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
RHCP for longevity and quality.

Without Frusciante they're nothing. Nothing!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood

Without Frusciante they're nothing. Nothing!

RHCP w/o Froosh > Guns without any of the original members.

The fact that GN'R is on it's like 4th incarnation of the band is a bad omen.
Eric B & Rakim and The Cure are the only decent artists there. The Beastie Boys too, to a lesser extent.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
RHCP w/o Froosh > Guns without any of the original members.

Fair point

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Their best album was One Hot Minute

<.>

>.>

>.<

My brain can't handle this... fgsfds
Quote by Vornik
Quote by BlackVoid
Anything not Guns.

If I was forced to pick?

The Cure

I don't really see what The Cure did for "Rock N' Roll" ; especially over RHCP or Guns. Factor in Heart and Faces....I'd be down for anyone but Beastie or Cure.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
I don't really see what The Cure did for "Rock N' Roll".

I don't really see what you do for existence.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
I don't really see what The Cure did for "Rock N' Roll" ; especially over RHCP or Guns. Factor in Heart and Faces....I'd be down for anyone but Beastie or Cure.

Why?
Quote by eazy-c
I don't really see what you do for existence.

I don't really have to do anything to exist. Just wake up.

EDIT : This is why The Pit is so annoying. It's like having a conversation with a bunch of middle schooler's. Even though I know everyone isn't 13.
Quote by Alex Vik
Why?

Because they don't really have a "lasting" impact on rock music. They haven't influenced many/any prominent new artists. They aren't bad, probably deserve their place in HOF but over RHCP/Guns/Heart the Beasties hail in comparison.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
*sees slash avatar*
I'm honestly not trying to troll.
I would say Guns 'N' Roses if it was their original line up, but my vote goes to Joan Jett or Heart. I can say I have just as many songs I like of theirs as I do G'N'R.

I'd say Chili Peppers, but I've only heard a few of their songs, so I'm far from a fan, but I did like what I heard.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by BlackVoid
*sees slash avatar*
I'm honestly not trying to troll.

Yes, I have a Slash avatar. I don't really see what that has to do with anything? As I said before The Cure just don't stack up to RHCP/Guns/Heart and even the lesser known Faces. Are they a good band? Sure. HOF over some of those bands ; def' not.
Quote by Minkaro
Guns N' Roses. Everything they've done (with the exception of Spaghetti Incident) has been fantastic.

3 Albums and 1 EP.....and then one disc that took a 10+ years to make? Let's be serious, Guns was awesome but being inactive for so long should be taken in account for.
Gn'r
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
How many of the shortlist actually make it in?

Anyway, Heart + Beastie Boys = Job done.
RHCP will get it I think, but personally, my vote would go to the Beastie Boys.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
ze Cure.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Page 1 of 2