Page 1 of 2
honestly, I'm not the smartest one around, but I sure feel sometimes that I'm the smartest one on here, people just don't consort with each other naturally anymore, metalheads are too lazy to speak the **** up about the problems in their genre, and when they do, they all get bashed by a bunch of iddiot deathcore kids (excuse my language) that simplyno one wants to hear it anymore. We are all scattered, no longer united as we once were, like wtf you know? We had a strong social thing going for years and now we have let Capitalism crush our little society, and I would tell you a little something about your system and WHO actually runs it, but I think I'll be considered a Nazi by doing so, so I'll leave it here, all I care about is if this discussion becomes powerful enough to talk about, if not, then I'm not doing something right.
Last edited by Grishjarta at Sep 28, 2011,
See, exactly my point you are just too afraid, to face the problem and actually talk about it, now I'm being judged for what I believe in based on what I see, arn't we all entitled to our opinions?
we had an antisemite thread a few months back. Maybe if you took the time to see how the community here really works, you would understand that most of our discussions take place in the Black and Death metal threads, and most of the deathcore stuff is mainly the hardcore kids having a place to talk in the metal forum.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
What are we afraid of?

EDIT: Oh right, Manowar.

Quote by progbass
deathcore stuff is mainly the hardcore kids having a place to talk in the metal forum.

Yes, and that's also good. They're not completely limiting themselves by just posting in their own forum, and if they find a band they like in here, how is that in any way negative?
Quote by progbass
we had an antisemite thread a few months back. Maybe if you took the time to see how the community here really works, you would understand that most of our discussions take place in the Black and Death metal threads, and most of the deathcore stuff is mainly the hardcore kids having a place to talk in the metal forum.

Okay, are you missing my point completely, I'm not anti-semetic nor have I expressed hate or anything of the ETHNIC jew, if you got that impression I apologize, but I believe that this discussion should be addressed by everyone in the community, now I know how the forum works I'm not a troll, I legitimately believe of what I say and I will stand by it, but if your not open for change, if the fans don't make a difference, how the hell do you expect the music to go anywhere, or are you just going to sit there and accept it will die out?
What is your point anyway? All I've heard is "we have a problem, deathcore exists", how is that fundamental to our non existent metal country?, and what does capitalism have to do with it ?
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Capitalism is bad, and so is deathcore.

They have to be related..But where?! IS IT THE LEAD SINGERS!?

dunna dun dun dunna dunna dun dun

FFFUUCCKKK YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU
Metal won't "die out", you're a fucking idiot.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
Metal won't "die out", you're a fucking idiot.

It's this kind of thinking that worries me, all you seem to do is think that way, and not seem to do anything else.
Quote by Riffmast
What is your point anyway? All I've heard is "we have a problem, deathcore exists", how is that fundamental to our non existent metal country?, and what does capitalism have to do with it ?

Actually the capitalism bit was the only bit that made sense to me.

Trivium, Job For A Cowboy, and Attack Attack! got popular and then a bunch of clone bands popped up to capitalise on it. Oh, and then there's the Djent epidemic.

Not that I'm suggesting any actual metal bands jumped on the 'scene' bandwagon...

I'm guessing he probably meant something far more sinister than that though. I bet George W is secretly commanding these hordes of falses to terrorise the metal community!
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Sep 28, 2011,
I like that his entire "point" was about the community itself falling apart and being all divdided and segregated, but he backs it up by claiming that it's the deathcore kids fault. I'm pretty sure a lot of the ill-placed hatred is coming from the more ignorant of the "tr00" metal crowd who refuse to let anything that doesn't sound like Morbid Angel or Obituary get mentioned in the same sentence as their precious, untouchable genre. If anything, it's why I enjoy UG more than other forums and indeed real life, in a lot of scenarios. I've had civil discussions about deathcore bands with people who can't stand the shit, and anyone who spends more than the odd minute here understands that pointless spam gets no one, anywhere.
it kinda seems like your problem is that you are the one "not open for change."
granted, a lot of shit coming out now is atracting more mainstream attention to metal, like djent or whatever pulls young kids, and metalcore and what have you, but most of those people sooner or later move on to more extreme stuff, or more traditional stuff, or whatever. so the djent movement for example might be a wave of shitty music, but it serves as a stepping stone for a lot of people. why complain. just don't listen to the shit if you've already found what you like.
and on the other end, we have bands like antediluvian, who've been around for awhile, but are really starting to catch on in the underground and there's no questioning their adherence to the trappings of a lot of old school extreme metal, while they push boundaries.
so what is the issue? of course there is tons of bullshit being produced and marketed to great effect, there always has been. there's also plenty of good shit coming out, maybe not being marketed as extensively, but the internet (which allegedly turned us into a bunch of pussies) makes it ridiculously easy to find this material.
so to address your point more directly, nobody is going to complain about the influx of shitty music, and its superlative marketing, when the internet allows access to a world of fantastic music. especially because you're not being forced to listen to anything. just avoid the things you don't want to hear.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
I really dont even know where to start with that opening post....so many options. Its like bringing home Kate Upton and hearing 'ah sure, any orifice you like'.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
This thread is dumb, the way you think causes stagnation, no one wants stagnation. Music needs to evolve in order to remain interesting, comes to a point where I just don't want to listen to Morbid Angel worship any more.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Grishjarta
It's this kind of thinking that worries me, all you seem to do is think that way, and not seem to do anything else.

You just don't know what your talking about, metal is in a very healthy state at the moment.Deathcore has nothing to do with it either way.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

What is this rant aimed at. That good metal is dead, that the metal community is dead, that we live in a capitalist system or that its run by Jews?

Focus, boy
Quote by Grishjarta

Somehow I'm pretty sure your favourite bands are Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth.

Dig into the underground scenes and realize that metal will not "die out". Sure, it can disappear from the mainstream, but that's only a positive thing if anything.

Exactly, even the most skeptical of users here (ahem), still find good releases in the death and black metal genres that don't worship the old to death, and don't sound like polished crap.

Example being Blasphereian's "Infernal Warriors of Death"....released early this year.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by Grishjarta

It's your kind of thinking that makes me lose my hope in humanity.

Think of all the music genres that ever existed, has EVEN 1 of them actually died?
Although his argument doesnt make much sense to me, I'll agree with the statement itself. The internet breeds a cult of people that have no problem expressing any minute opinion they may have, while making sure that their opinion is heard, often times going the route of taking an extreme stance on an issue.

(i.e. a top 10 list appears on UG's main page and it becomes a battle to see who can name what bands/songs were missing from the list, while naming the most obscure bands/songs they can in an effort to be heard and acknowledged)

Why? We're humans, simply put. The internet is a vast communications link between billions of people, therefore we're exponentially increasing the amount of people we come into contact with, therefore it's much harder to have a voice, cause let's face it, having a voice among, say, a few hundred people is a lot less difficult than having a voice among billions.

So what am I getting at? When we take extreme stances on things, we don't realize that our opinion probably don't matter to those other billions of people, and in fact, when we have those extreme opinions, and we make human errors expressing them (grammar errors, spelling errors, etc.), we actually look like a bunch of blubbering idiots most of the time.

And so where do metalheads fit in? Let's face it. Metal has always, and will always push the boundaries of music, and what's considered socially acceptable. It's a genre of excess, not the only one, mind, but definitely the most prominent. (Just look at the goddamn leopard skin tights metal bands in the 80s wore...)

So basically when you mix that need for the excess with human nature in regards to the internet, it makes the metal community sometimes appear to be a bunch of blubbering 12-year-old pussies, which, of course isn't always the case, but I digress, it's the way many people look at the community.
still dont understand wtf this thread is supposed to be about or acomplish
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by jeffmetalhead
still dont understand wtf this thread is supposed to be about or acomplish

I think it was just a rant. That's the only reason I jumped in. I like a good rant every once in a while. get it outta my system
I'm hard pressed to think of a metal band besides Manowar who wore leopard print anything...
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
I'm hard pressed to think of a metal band besides Manowar who wore leopard print anything...

Glam?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by progbass

Many heavy/speed/power metal bands did that in the 80s

that I'm not big on heavy/speed? I listen to Slayer, Venom, Mercyful Fate, and Motorhead.

I'm ok with that.
HESSIAN HAREM
I moved away from "true metal" or whatever you want to call it a while ago. And I think that's a good thing for me. I have embraced bands that are different and broadend my tastes quite a bit.

If you prefer the stuff from the 80s bands then stick with them if you want but I think it's your own fault if you feel isolated in this so called community.
Page 1 of 2